replacing obsolete quartz movements with available movements - any reference guide available?

Thread: replacing obsolete quartz movements with available movements - any reference guide available?

replacing obsolete quartz movements with available movements - any reference guide available?

Just wondering if there is such a guide - I have 2 obsolete quartz movements to replace and it may be a while til I come across a functioning original.

guide for replacing obsolete quartz movements?

Is there a reference website or guide book available matching up quartz movements currently in production with movements that are obsolete?

Re: guide for replacing obsolete quartz movements?

I am not aware of one. You may want to contact a parts house like Ofrei and have the old movement number available. Or if it is an ETA, Seiko or Citizen to contact the company. Cross generational swapping of complicated chronograph movements like those from Seiko and Citizen is going to be very difficult I think. By obsolete are you saying the movement you have is dead? Or the functions are obsolete?
    Last edited by John MS; October 28th, 2013 at 17:07.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: guide for replacing obsolete quartz movements?

The movement is a Seiko 5Y30A - very simple 2 hand movement but it isn't working.

Re: replacing obsolete quartz movements with available movements - any reference guide available?

Yep, got one from Ofrei in the mail years ago. They are the best source.

Bob

Thread Information