Replica watches....
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Replica watches....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Replica watches....

Hi All,
    [link to fake counterfeit watches removed]
    Has anyone came across this site for upmarket replicas/fakes? The watches looks so real to the originals ( guess they might have use the real photos instead) I thougth this is illegal? Just out of curiosity...has anyone purchased from them...not suggesting we watch enthusiast would go for fakes...just like to hear from anyone ever owned, came across, experienced, and how's the quality compare to the real things.

khanh
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; October 9th, 2006 at 20:01.
    KV
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    IWC FliergerChronograph
    Oris Artelier Centennial World Timer Ltd Ed.
    Oris TT1 diver Meistertaucher regulateur.
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date
    Maurice Lacroix Calypso.
    Stowa Antea with Date
    Stowa FO 75/80
    Archimede M Pilot
    Aristo Apucto HP6 manual wind
    Longines Conquest Automatic
    Steinhart Big Pilot manual wind
    Omega Deville Coaxial Chronometer

Re: Replica watches....

Check out, I'm a wannabe.com

The major manufacturers listed here should sue this company for their blatant counterfeiting. They must have a trade association who can initiate a court case on their behalf.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wilkinson
    The major manufacturers listed here should sue this company for their blatant counterfeiting. They must have a trade association who can initiate a court case on their behalf.
    Why would they? The low life fake sellers keep folks who want the real deal running to AD's paying close to full pop. Seems like a mutually beneficial situation to me. The only losers are us, the consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by GronK
    Why would they? The low life fake sellers keep folks who want the real deal running to AD's paying close to full pop. Seems like a mutually beneficial situation to me. The only losers are us, the consumers.
    Indeed. Plus intellectual property laws in china are a joke, so there really is no one to enforce them. On the other hand, I'd rather own an Alpha, and not pretend it's the real thing, than buy a fake.
    -Dan K. O'Leary-
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Quote Originally Posted by GronK
    You really must excuse me if I cannot understand your rather strange logic. You seem to be saying that the only reason that people buy genuine watches is because there are fake ones out there?

Does this apply to other products such as perfume, clothing and software for instance. Do people really see a fake Burberry handbag and suddenly say: "Oh, a fake Burberry, I really must rush to a high class clothes retailer and buy a genuine one."

I think not.

Counterfeiting is theft. How would you feel if you were a small software manufacturer and you invested your savings in a new product only for someone to immediately come out with a fake version at half the price. And remember, it's only half the price because the counterfeiters haven't spent a penny on r & d.

I must be old fashioned. I happen to believe in honesty and fair dealing and it saddens me when people not only turn a blind eye to this kind of theft but seem to actually encourage it.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but such people are no better than the thieves and counterfeiters themselves.
    DJW GB likes this.

What he's saying is that the fakes make people afraid to buy from discounters, or used, so people buy new at full retail, which helps the manufacturer.
    godplaysdice likes this.
    Todd H
    "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day..." - Pink Floyd
    Disclaimer: The contents of this post are solely the well-meant ramblings of its author, and any resemblance to fact, intelligent thought, or even educated opinion is purely coincidental.

Keepers: Omega Seamster Pro, Fortis B-42, Eterna Super Kontiki, Ball DM1012B, DJR Chronoscope, Ocean7 LM-1LE, Seiko 6105, Seiko SKZ214

Buying a replica is causing damage to the brand. If you to buy the real thing then spare money and when you have enough money then buy it.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Fake stuff is for fake people
    'Nuff said..

Quote Originally Posted by marthamills View Post
    I owned three.. Rolex, Bulgari and Glashütte. They look same as original but tend to fade easily. I would suggest these things to those who desire to have a brand in their wrist but can't afford the originals.....
    You have to wonder why a new member signs up to just always post about replica watches. As was said above, fake watches are for fake people. There are enough great affordable watches out there that whatever your budget you can always have a nice looking watch on your wrist without ever having to resort to buying a fake counterfeit item. I'd have more respect for someone wearing a Timex weekender or Casio F91-W than someone wearing a fake Rolex or Glashutte.
    Last edited by ShaggyDog; February 14th, 2013 at 11:54.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information