Reputable Watch Repair Shop
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John MS
  • 1 Post By TwentiethCenturyFox
  • 1 Post By fastfras

Thread: Reputable Watch Repair Shop

Reputable Watch Repair Shop

I have a Ball Watch Engineer II Pioneer watch that has been acting very erratic over the last couple of weeks. It’s typically +4 seconds per day but over the last couple of weeks its been losing minutes per day and I’m not sure why. The watch is only a few months old and its only really worn in an office environment, no extreme conditions. Its COSC certified so it appears something may be wrong with the movement. Can someone recommend a reputable watch repair shop that can diagnose and fix whatever problem it may have? Im in the New York City area and dont mind shipping to another location. Ive heard horror stories about Ball Watches certified watch repair shop in Florida, has anyone had experience with them? Thanks for the help!
    Current Collection
    Automatics:

Ball Engineer II Pioneer
    Mondaine SBB Classic Automatic
    Seiko Presage SARW013 Urushi
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Seiko 5 SNK615K1
    Orient Mako II

Quartz:
    Victorinox Infantry Chrono
    Seiko Perpetual Calendar
    Movado Luno
    Timex Bayman
    Casio Five Alarm

Re: Reputable Watch Repair Shop

A bit out of the way, check with Jason at 'The Tick Tock Shop' in Santa Clara, CA.

Just send it to Ball for service under warranty. Or take it to the selling dealer. A loss of minutes per day may indicate a loose cannon pinion.
    rfortson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Send it back to Ball as stated. Best to use the company that you know makes the watch.
    rfortson likes this.

Sure, Carignan Watch Company in NH. I sent Denis my Bulova Super Seville in Dec for a repair and regulation. He did a fantastic job and kept me in the loop through out the process. Fair pricing and excellent work. Here's the website: https://cwrnh.com/
    "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

Sound to me like the watch is magnetized, a relatively simple fix and certainly the first attempt at repair i would perform. Simply place the watch case back on a credit card demagnetizer for around 30 seconds. Alternately you can purchase a demag device from Amazon.
    Igorek likes this.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster automatic 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, Omega Geneve F300 198.030 Hummer, Omega Seamaster F300 198.001 Hummer, Heuer Autavia chronograph, Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2, Seiko Alpinist SBQJ017 perpetual calendar GMT 8F56, JeanRichard Highlands 24004.

I would also start with Ball authorized service. If you get feedback that makes you concerned about them, I would suggest going to the AWCI.com site (American Watchmakers and Clockmakers Institute). Go through their directory and find watchmakers who are reasonably close to you and who have the highest level of technical certification from AWCI.

I'm no expert on magnetized watches, but I've always been told that magnets can cause a watch to greatly speed up -- but not seriously slow down.

Good luck ...

Shouldn't the watch still be under warranty?
    I would check out RGM in Pennsylvania. As well as a manufacturer he also services watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy89 View Post
    I have a Ball Watch Engineer II Pioneer watch that has been acting very erratic over the last couple of weeks. It’s typically +4 seconds per day but over the last couple of weeks its been losing minutes per day and I’m not sure why. The watch is only a few months old and its only really worn in an office environment, no extreme conditions. Its COSC certified so it appears something may be wrong with the movement. Can someone recommend a reputable watch repair shop that can diagnose and fix whatever problem it may have? Im in the New York City area and dont mind shipping to another location. Ive heard horror stories about Ball Watches certified watch repair shop in Florida, has anyone had experience with them? Thanks for the help!
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Thread Information