Requirements for watch...any ideas?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigdubs
  • 1 Post By WIS_Chronomaster

Thread: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3

    Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    I know what I want but I am not sure which brands to be looking at. My criteria for the watch is as follows:

    - automatic
    - brown leather band (like the croc texture style)
    - silver/stainless face
    - sweeping second hand
    - nice to have numerals on the watch face

    Been looking quite a bit at Hamilton watches but I thought I would throw it out to the forum for some feedback. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

  2. #2
    Member bigdubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    284

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by jspryor View Post
    I know what I want but I am not sure which brands to be looking at. My criteria for the watch is as follows:

    - automatic
    - brown leather band (like the croc texture style)
    - silver/stainless face
    - sweeping second hand
    - nice to have numerals on the watch face

    Been looking quite a bit at Hamilton watches but I thought I would throw it out to the forum for some feedback. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
    Hi and welcome!

    What's your price range? There's a vast array of watches that fit that criteria.

    You can go Tissot PRC 200.

    You can go Longines Master Collection (MSRP $1,950)




    You can go IWC Spitfire Mark XVI (MSRP ($4,100)




    Or you can go Jaeger LeCoultre (MSRP $15,500)

    CitizenM likes this.

  3. #3
    Member WIS_Chronomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,381

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    Definitely the IWC Spitfire Mark XVI

    Or maybe a Railmaster...
    CitizenM likes this.




  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    I like the Longines but we don't have an AD close to here :(. Anybody bought online?

  6. #5
    Member Tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by jspryor View Post
    I like the Longines but we don't have an AD close to here :(. Anybody bought online?
    If you're determined to pay full price from an "AD" shop here: http://shop.us.longines.com/longines...FdIAQAodYHLepg
    If you'd rather save some money shop here: L2.628.4.78.3 Longines Master Collection Silver Mens Auto Watch Authenticwatches.com
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    If you know you want automatic, go for it.

    But having used mechanical wind watches, you may find, as I do, they have a certain ethos and charm. You may like hand-winding the watch, knowing the crown turns are powering the mechanics of your timepiece. Plus I like the bit of space that one saves not having the rotor and gearing associated with automatics (if you prefer thin watches).

    So if there's a mechanical out there that suits you, don't throw it out from your consideration, you may like it all the more.

  8. #7
    Member CitizenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Waco & Norman
    Posts
    10,228

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    It looks like the IWC Spitfire is right up your alley.

    The Longines is a much better value though if you like it also.

    For a REALLY good value you can see if you can find one of these babies:
    Name:  original-silver-dial-seiko-21j-automatic-watch-snkl29-1106-08-jennyte@6.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  45.8 KB

  9. #8
    Member Duder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    800

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    It looks like the IWC Spitfire is right up your alley.

    The Longines is a much better value though if you like it also.

    For a REALLY good value you can see if you can find one of these babies:
    Name:  original-silver-dial-seiko-21j-automatic-watch-snkl29-1106-08-jennyte@6.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  45.8 KB
    I'm not a Seiko 5 fan, but I really like this one...Those romans are killer...

  10. #9
    Member Duder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    800

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    This one has been haunting me recently. Someone has some real life pics in a thread if you do a search. Eterna Soleure.



    Unique and cool and classy.

  11. #10
    Member ed21x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,394

    Re: Requirements for watch...any ideas?

    Skagen Automatic (about $150):

    Name:  DSCF0564.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  170.6 KB

    Name:  DSCF0565.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  182.0 KB
    :)

    14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

    want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •