Returning a watch to the UK

Thread: Returning a watch to the UK

Returning a watch to the UK

If anyone has any experience returning a watch to the UK please let me know the best carrier to use. I currently have a watch hung up in UK customs since 10/16 and that was sent using USPS. I have another watch to return and wanted to know if UPS/DHL would maybe be a better route.

Re: Returning a watch to the UK

Ppierce, I read your post about the first two you were returning, I haven't actually returned a watch to the UK, but wanted to say (which may not be relevant in your case) is the quality of paperwork accompanying often determines the speed through Customs. A Customs declaration stating the commercial value and "incorrect goods returned to manufacture" plus a copy of the original invoice and exit documents should help speed entry. This information is best placed externally in a clear sleeve, openable even better. You may also want to ask C Ward, they may know the fastest method from their end and with 3 in transit back from you to them I am sure they are keen to see them swiftly as well

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34 View Post
    If anyone has any experience returning a watch to the UK please let me know the best carrier to use. I currently have a watch hung up in UK customs since 10/16 and that was sent using USPS. I have another watch to return and wanted to know if UPS/DHL would maybe be a better route.
    From my experience of buying watches FedEx and DHL are by far the best/quickest when importing in to the UK. If you use USPS then you have to endure the totally crap service offered by Royal Mail at our end... they are sooooo slow, only seeming to be able to perform one task/action a day and then quite often getting it wrong! And unfortunately with USPS and Royal Mail sometimes tracking is only available to the point when an item arrives in the UK when it shows as delivered on USPS tracking, when in fact it is not delivered it has just disappeared into the black hole that is Royal Mail with no further tracking available.

With FedEx everything seems to fly through customs with no hold up even if there is duty to pay, they just bill you a few days after the item has been delivered.

Ah that was satisfying getting that rant out... sorry to any Royal Mail staff, I know it's not your fault, its just the crappy procedures you have to work to

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MadMrB View Post
    From my experience of buying watches FedEx and DHL are by far the best/quickest when importing in to the UK. If you use USPS then you have to endure the totally crap service offered by Royal Mail at our end... they are sooooo slow, only seeming to be able to perform one task/action a day and then quite often getting it wrong! And unfortunately with USPS and Royal Mail sometimes tracking is only available to the point when an item arrives in the UK when it shows as delivered on USPS tracking, when in fact it is not delivered it has just disappeared into the black hole that is Royal Mail with no further tracking available.

With FedEx everything seems to fly through customs with no hold up even if there is duty to pay, they just bill you a few days after the item has been delivered.

Ah that was satisfying getting that rant out... sorry to any Royal Mail staff, I know it's not your fault, its just the crappy procedures you have to work to
    VERY helpful. Wish i knew this before i had 2 watches held up in UK customs.

I just sent a package to London last Saturday via USPS, which hands off the item to Royal Mail. Was emailed by recipient on Thursday that it had arrived... 5 days.
    The biggest challenge is that there is no Tracking available when sending by USPS unless you purchase Priority Express International, which was $61 for a 5x8 parcel weighing about 3 oz.

Further to MrB's post. I have imported watches into the UK using lots of couriers and DHL stands head and shoulders above the rest. When DHL can get a watch to me faster from Singapore than RM can from London it doesn't say a lot about RM.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    When DHL can get a watch to me faster from Singapore than RM can from London it doesn't say a lot about RM.
    Interesting but funny.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Quote Originally Posted by MadMrB View Post
    If you use USPS then you have to endure the totally crap service offered by Royal Mail at our end... they are sooooo slow,
    Having dealt extensively with both the Royal Mail and USPS, I would take Royal Mail every single time! You have no idea what slow is until you've used the USPS!!!!
    I've had stuff delivered from the U.K. By companies that have used DHL and the service has been awesome. I've had stuff delivered to the west coast that has arrived within 48 hours which is frankly unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information