Returning watch wearer, new member introduction.

Thread: Returning watch wearer, new member introduction.

Returning watch wearer, new member introduction.

Regards to all WUS members,

I am a fairly new member at WUS and a returning watch wearer. Years ago I was enamored with tank case dress watches, probably influenced by Stanley Kowalski in “A Streetcar Named Desire”. I lost my father last July and now have his Timex from 1976; which still runs well. At the time I thought he should have chosen something more suitable, Gruen like me. Now when I think of him and wear his watch I think of John Cameron Swayze & ABC’s Wide World of Sports, we always watched winter sports together, I still watch Super G.

Mid-Summer I gave up looking at my phone & discovered Eco-Drive. While image searching a Citizen BM8180-03E for watchband options I found WUS & have enjoyed many forum posts with their wealth of knowledge & motivation. I guess I’ve been bit pretty hard having corralled several affordable Seiko’s, HMT’s a couple Russian & Chinese pieces. A Seikoholic: it’s very easy; I am lucky enough to have snagged a Lord Marvel. It is my current favorite & in the shop having service now. Then there’s a couple dozen watchbands trying to get that just right fit. Have you noticed that some watches just land on a band & you don’t have to fiddle with it anymore? I’ve made all the usual mistakes … picked a watch too big, a few too small. I have accidentally bid on a piece that needed repair & a quartz that I could have sworn was a manual. Well some of you may know that story too …

Lately I find I have been wearing the two pictured below alot. Allwyn is a collaboration with the Indian firm of the same name & Seiko of Japan. It is an automatic with a small reserve but charming in its own way, funky case & all, I’m having fun with it. I won a bid on that auction site from a seller who is a member here & if he recognizes it I say thank you for it. The Marathon is a manual with Tritium tubes, amazing to see in person! Specifications were +/- 30 seconds per 24 hours; so far I’m at 13 seconds fast, I can live with that. I usually switch to that at night & wear it some mornings too until I pick something else.

Name:  RSCN0526.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  102.7 KB

Concluding I would like to say thank you for taking the time with my first blurb. I’ve only been playing in the shallow end of the pool so far but have been zoning in on what I really like. The plan now is to hold off a little; skip a level or two moving up. I’m sure none of you believed that, as I ordered some things today. This watch thing is habit forming as you all know too well. Maybe someday I’ll get that Railmaster.

Thanks again, tss88
    Last edited by tss88; April 5th, 2012 at 06:41.

Re: Returning watch wearer, new member introduction.

Nice watches! Welcome to the forum!

welcome _ nice first post!!
    Regards Cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! Good move on giving up the cellphone to tell time, I always keep my cellphone far far away from my body; It's possible you can get testicle cancer from having a cellphone in your pocket 12 hours a day!

Welcome...I like that Allwyn!

Thread Information