Reuge Musical Pocket Watch

Thread: Reuge Musical Pocket Watch

Reuge Musical Pocket Watch

Something interesting to see.

the little popping and banging noises are the lens cap against the camera, and then my kids in their beds NOT GOING TO SLEEP!!! sigh. they're asleep now thankfully.

anyway, here are a few shots of my friend's watch. he's gonna try to sell it later, but i just wanted to share this with you all.

as far as i can tell (not from the book that comes with it though) this was made in the 1980s, but in the book is written the year 1978. i dunno....

how many of these have any of you come across? i found a couple sights selling them in the $4-6000 range. wow. but the last two ebay listings i found were under $1500. big difference. wonder why. hmm.

here are the links i found that i found...
    http://www.antiquehelper.com/item/305042

http://www.clocksandmusicboxes.com/reuge/reuge38.html

http://www.musichouseshop.com/store/brH14000.html

so here is this thing in all it's shiny musical glory.

standing up like an alarm clock.

hunter style case with key ready to wind music box part. it's separate from the watch movement.

the backside. at first i thought it looked like some grotesque heart, but i think it's supposed to be a bagpipe. and then of course some other instruments along with it.

and i hadn't seen any shots of the movements... this doesn't really help. not much to look at and i'm not about to start tearing into it just to share a photo with everybody.

CHEERS!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by watch_art; November 24th, 2009 at 06:35.

Alpha Skeleton Multifunction, Alpha PO, Casio Edifice Chrono EF503, G-Shock Mudman Camo, Timex Ironman

Banned

Re: Reuge Musical Pocket Watch

Cool watch - I love it!

The case back design depicts a haggis which has been speared several times to make sure it is actually dead. So now you know!
    Last edited by jason_recliner; November 24th, 2009 at 09:33.

Very charming watch! The second hand seems very smooth to boot. I wonder how many bph it is?
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yeah the seconds hand IS very smooth.

my buddy was given this by a now deceased neighbor lady who he used to help out. if she needed a little work done around the house, something fixed, stuff like that, he'd just help her out. so along with this watch, she gave him some solid gold chain bracelets and necklaces. very heavy, gaudy stuff. they're just sitting in a safe b/c he doesn't wear any 'bling'.

but yeah, he told me about this and showed me, and i thought it was totally cool. he had no idea it had the alarm function or that the left hand crown did anything until i showed him.

but he has no interest in keeping it and will probably sell it one day.

Alpha Skeleton Multifunction, Alpha PO, Casio Edifice Chrono EF503, G-Shock Mudman Camo, Timex Ironman

Wow, really nice! I have a small Reuge music box given to me as a gift by a Swiss friend, it's wonderful.

By the way, I just checked the Reuge website and discovered two things: one, that pocket watch has a list price of $6,650.00 (yeeow!) and that they have what appears to be an "X" rated version of the pocket watch also?? I won't post a photo here, but it looks like it has a mechanical movement of a man and woman "dancing" to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik!
    Last edited by Sodiac; November 25th, 2009 at 10:52.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Wow, really nice! I have a small Reuge music box given to me as a gift by a Swiss friend, it's wonderful.

By the way, I just checked the Reuge website and discovered two things: one, that pocket watch has a list price of $6,650.00 (yeeow!) and that they have what appears to be an "X" rated version of the pocket watch also?? I won't post a photo here, but it looks like it has a mechanical movement of a man and woman "dancing" to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik!
    yeah, i've seen the 'adult' rated ones too.

6650? geez. that's more than i thought. I couldn't find this thing on their website though.

maybe when i sell this one i'll be able to get a decent price for it.

Thread Information