RGM Repair Times

Thread: RGM Repair Times

RGM Repair Times

I sent my Sinn U1 to RGM about 5 weeks ago and still haven't gotten an estimate. I can manage the wait but I dearly miss my watch. I understand I'm in a long queue but I look at pictures of my Sinn and I want to cry. It is one of two prize pieces... How long has it taken other people to receive their watches from RGM?

Re: RGM Repair Times

That would depend on the length of the line in front of you.

Obviously. I asked how long it took others to have their watches returned. Do you have an answer to that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had a vintage Omega restored by RGM several years ago and if I remember correctly the turnaround time was about 6 months. Although I thought the turnaround time could have been quicker and the company could have been more responsive as far as updates were concerned (and it wasn't cheap!), I was very pleased with the way the repair/restoration turned out. I was especially pleased to see that the restorers honored my request to have the cosmetic restoration kept to a minimum.

Although I suspected from the outset that I could have had the work done less expensively elsewhere, the watch I had restored belonged to my grandfather and it was worth the extra money to me to get it done right. I wasn't disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
    I had a vintage Omega restored by RGM several years ago and if I remember correctly the turnaround time was about 6 months. Although I thought the turnaround time could have been quicker and the company could have been more responsive as far as updates were concerned (and it wasn't cheap!), I was very pleased with the way the repair/restoration turned out. I was especially pleased to see that the restorers honored my request to have the cosmetic restoration kept to a minimum.

Although I suspected from the outset that I could have had the work done less expensively elsewhere, the watch I had restored belonged to my grandfather and it was worth the extra money to me to get it done right. I wasn't disappointed.
    Beelzebubba,

Thank you! I don't mind waiting six months and paying out the nose if RGM's work is the best. Sinn has a lot of technology that requires talented people to with. Thank you very much for your reply. Now at least I have a time frame to work with. I understand why RGM quotes its short time frames. I have worked a long time in customer service. That's why I wanted to reach out to WUS members to know how long they have had to wait. I might be joining the Navy. It would be nice to have the Sinn in basic training but it looks like I won't have it by then. It's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by chowmanfu View Post
    Beelzebubba,

Thank you! I don't mind waiting six months and paying out the nose if RGM's work is the best. Sinn has a lot of technology that requires talented people to with. Thank you very much for your reply. Now at least I have a time frame to work with. I understand why RGM quotes its short time frames. I have worked a long time in customer service. That's why I wanted to reach out to WUS members to know how long they have had to wait. I might be joining the Navy. It would be nice to have the Sinn in basic training but it looks like I won't have it by then. It's good to know!

The U1 uses either an ETA 2824-2 or a Sellita SW200. Any competent watchmaker can service this watch, and Sinn does sell parts (through Watchbuys) to independent watchmakers.

I've serviced many of these, and bought parts for them such as new hands, dials, etc. Although I'm sure RGM does fine work, there are other options out there.

Cheers, Al

Quote Originally Posted by chowmanfu View Post
    Obviously. I asked how long it took others to have their watches returned. Do you have an answer to that?
    Why haven't you asked RGM?
    Good shops are usually busy. Zenith took 6 months but the wait was worth it.
    Last edited by John MS; July 7th, 2016 at 14:39.

Thread Information