Rhyme or Reason

Thread: Rhyme or Reason

Rhyme or Reason

OK, probably a really "newbie" question, but here goes: Recently garnered my first Swiss auto with an ETA 2824-2 movement. I have become addicted to this place, learning all I can. I watched my new baby keep great time and every night change the date. I was amazed how the little machine just snapped the next number into the window. Now the quandary, my date was changing at different times, sometimes at 11:59 pm, next night 12:01 am, and even, right on the money, 12:00 am. No rhyme or reason to it's changing. So, to the more educated, is this "normal" with automatics and what time does your date change. I know I really need to get a life!!!!! Thanks in advance for educating me.
    Last edited by murfdog; March 8th, 2011 at 21:10.

Re: Rhyme or Reason

Yes, this is perfectly normal. If I'm not mistaken, this is caused by tiny inconsistencies in the notches of the calendar wheel.
    Last edited by Caraptor; March 8th, 2011 at 21:20.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Re: Rhyme or Reason

Thanks man as I get older the things I question....Wow!!

Thread Information