At the risk of being accused of being a shill for Omega......................
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: At the risk of being accused of being a shill for Omega......................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

At the risk of being accused of being a shill for Omega......................

Just saw this while tracking tracking down a completely unrelated watch.
    Possibly the fact that, like many non-Chinese tourbillons, it's prices seem to run from 150,000 to 265,000 dollars it doesn't get a lot of mention here (I think the platinum squelette below is on the high side)
    It's so pretty i felt i'd post a picture.

I've never been a skeleton fan but I just might go for one of these. As soon as I sell a few kidneys, a liver, a lung and a few other organs.

Paulo 8135, Synequano and Perseus like this.

Re: At the risk of being accused of being a shill for Omega......................

Omega tourbillons are truly high end pieces and very rare. There is a very small group of Omega workers who make them.

Re: At the risk of being accused of being a shill for Omega......................

Sell blood and semen instead. Much easier to replenish than liver tissue, lungs, or kidneys. While the margins are lower, you can make it up on volume. With enough dedication, you can see that Omega toubillion on your wrist in a year or two. Stay hydrated. It helps.
    My Watch Pics (IG) ---> CLICK HERE
    Sales Forum Feedback History ---> CLICK HERE

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not going to be discussed here that much, given that price tag and the fact that it's not a new model. Might get some buzz in the High End forum.

Personally, I don't care for it, but I don't really like skels, and tourbillons are arguably watchmakers' self-indugence at this point, and nothing more. But with this piece...I found a YouTube vid of it from 5 years ago. This puppy's *thick*! And being platinum, it has to be heavy. Even ignoring the cost...nope. Not for me.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Yuck
    tsharma, richnyc and chillwill120 like this.

That one doesn't get much notice around these parts, last I heard they only made about 100 per/year.

Quote Originally Posted by murokello View Post
    Omega tourbillons are truly high end pieces and very rare. There is a very small group of Omega workers who make them.
    Hey, maybe they could call them "Grand Omegas"

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Sell blood and semen instead. Much easier to replenish than liver tissue, lungs, or kidneys. While the margins are lower, you can make it up on volume. With enough dedication, you can see that Omega toubillion on your wrist in a year or two. Stay hydrated. It helps.
    I'll work on the blood, have enough trouble giving the semen away.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    That one doesn't get much notice around these parts, last I heard they only made about 100 per/year.
    To heck with it then, I'm not going to be on a waiting list. Hope I can get my deposit back at the blood bank.
    Synequano, vkalia and Silverlake like this.

That thing is awful, can't even tell what time it is. However, more power to ya once you sell a few organs :)
    richnyc and watchRus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    That thing is awful, can't even tell what time it is. However, more power to ya once you sell a few organs :)
    Doesn't matter; just bask in the brand :)

If I can't easily tell what time it is the watch is useless to me so I pass on this one. I guess not being able to live in a quarter of a million dollar purchase is also a slight set back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information