Rolex Milgauss vs. Tag Heuer Grand Carrera
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rolex Milgauss vs. Tag Heuer Grand Carrera

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rolex Milgauss vs. Tag Heuer Grand Carrera

Well, I assume that this is the correct place to post this inquiry, but for my 18th birthday/high school graduation I am looking into getting one of these two watches. I would like to know the pros and cons of each. Honestly, the only reason I haven't jumped on the Milgauss completely is because of the lack of the chronograph, which the Tag GC has.

I really like both watches and would like information on both... but of course, if anyone here has an enlightened opinion about a different watch that is in the same category, please post about that too! I'm definitely open minded and not completely biased to these two watches only.

Thank you for your input!

Re: Rolex Milgauss vs. Tag Heuer Grand Carrera

If your folks are going to drop some big money on a watch for your 18th b day/graduation,let them buy you he Rolex Daytona!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakman View Post
    If your folks are going to drop some big money on a watch for your 18th b day/graduation,let them buy you he Rolex Daytona!!
    thats a pretty nice watch, but I actually don't like the look of it that much... Plus, the higher end models of the Daytona are really expensive.

I have a Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph which I got for my 15th birthday, and I'm not going to just stop wearing that watch... The Tag Grand Carrera is really nice looking, but I really wanted to try out a new watch... and the looks of the Milgauss caught my attention immediately.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Go for the " Milgauss" then, you can not go wrong with a Rolex ,I have owned many of them...

i personally am not a huge fan of rolex, or really tag for that matter (more of an omega guy)
    HOWEVER, i do love the milgauss

i'm just a year older and while i couldnt get one for highschool grad, im now hoping college graduation! between milguass and omega seamaster/speedmaster. so out of your choices, definitely the milgauss!

I agree. TAG's just don't have that special 'heirloom' quality that Rolexes do. They're nice, but...y'know.

I'd get the Milgauss (particularly the GV version.) and that would be a permanent reminder of your accomplishment even fifty years down the road.

If you want a chronograph, the Omega Speedmaster Professional (ref.3570.50) is the classic chronograph and has credibility that no other watch can touch. "Worn by astronauts on the moon. checkmate."

Since, however, you already have a chrono, may I suggest a different Rolex: the GMT Master II. The GMT complication is eminently useful if you do any travelling and gives the subtle impression to others that your concerns are global in nature. It's very much the watch of a man who is 'global' instead of 'local.'
    Panerai | Omega | Cartier | Jörg Schauer | Hamilton | G-Shock
    Do you like to have a good time? Then you need a good watch.
    - Robert "Rocky" Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Trel View Post
    I agree. TAG's just don't have that special 'heirloom' quality that Rolexes do. They're nice, but...y'know.

I'd get the Milgauss (particularly the GV version.) and that would be a permanent reminder of your accomplishment even fifty years down the road.

If you want a chronograph, the Omega Speedmaster Professional (ref.3570.50) is the classic chronograph and has credibility that no other watch can touch. "Worn by astronauts on the moon. checkmate."

Since, however, you already have a chrono, may I suggest a different Rolex: the GMT Master II. The GMT complication is eminently useful if you do any travelling and gives the subtle impression to others that your concerns are global in nature. It's very much the watch of a man who is 'global' instead of 'local.'
    Thanks for the post! I will definitely look into both those watches and I'm definitely leaning towards the Milgauss over the tag GC. (and I would get the GV Milgauss).

Awesome avatar also btw. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    Thanks for the post! I will definitely look into both those watches and I'm definitely leaning towards the Milgauss over the tag GC. (and I would get the GV Milgauss).
    I wanted the Milgauss GV when I graduated HS last year. No way I was going to get it though (too big for my wrists anyways). I wish you luck, it's an awesome looking watch :D

Tag Heuers are no more than fashion watches. They don't make their own movements and they don't service 15-20 year old pieces for "lack of available parts". We're not even talking about vintage watches. Timepieces at that age shouldn't even be considered vintages. Watchmakers who know how to repair ETAs (Tag Heuer movement) will charge a ton for simple fixes for the lack of pricing regulation. In other words, everything is a rip-off with Tag Heuers.

Get a Rolex for God's sake!!!

One more thing, you're better off with a Seiko than a Tag Heuer. Seikos make their own movements, they have a very well documented history, and they hold the most advanced technology in watch movements at the moment.
    mer6, TickTocker305 and bacari like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information