Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 vs. Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 vs. Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 vs. Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial

Hello everyone,

Im new to this site, and i was hoping that some of you would help me in my decision on the following.

I am currently looking into purchasing either a Rolex sub ref. 5513 or the Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial watch.

Currently i have around USD 2000,00 in my bank account, so I still have a bit of savings to do before I would be able to pull the trigger on either of the two watches.

my problem is that I really have a hard time deciding on which watch to choose.

Which watch would you choose, and why?

Have attached photos of the two watches, just for reference :)

Are really looking forward to hearing your comments, thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by MartinVang; April 7th, 2015 at 23:22.

Re: Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 vs. Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial

I may be a bit biased, but I'd go with the panda Speedy. Limited production and the case back has some nice detailing. I also just prefer Omega over Rolex.

BTW I have the Mitsukoshi Speedy, an unnumbered Panda dial LE and I wouldn't let it go for the world.
    -Shaunie_007

Banned

Re: Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 vs. Omega Speedmaster 35th anniversary panda dial

Now if you had said that speedy vs Daytona I would have picked the Speedy, but in this case the 5513 is it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi MartinVang, good choices of watches here. You can't go wrong either way. The first thing that I would say is that these are 2 fairly different watches. One is an automatic diver's watch (Rolex), while the other is a manual-wind watch with much less water resistance (Omega). Some people here would semi-jokingly say buy both. Personally, I prefer the appearance of the Omega but that Rolex does have its charm. The Rolex is a diver's toolwatch, whereas the Omega is a chronograph watch. Buy the one that you prefer the look of and if possible, try them on your wrist. Buy the one that really 'speaks' to you and that you personally like better.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Can't go wrong with both! Personally would opt for the Omega, just because it's more unique.

I would personally go with the Rolex, i don't use the chronograph rarely if at all, the Rolex dial just look so right!

Personally I'd go with the Sub.
    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
    Glashutte Original PanoReserve
    IWC Portofino
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Calendar
    Panerai PAM 312
    Rolex Day-Date
    Rolex Submariner
    Others...

Martin, I hope you have more money in your savings than just 2k which you plan to entirely spend on a watch. If not, I applaud your uh... throwing caution to the wind and maybe your thought that there is plenty more where that came from.

I'm a Sub guy. I think it's the most classic sports watch around and the most versatile. I think the second one is arguebly the Speedmaster. Normally, I'd say go straight to the first choice, but boy, that is an awesome looking Speedmaster. I really love panda dials and that works well with the Speedmaster. In this particular comparison, the Speedmaster is better looking (and unique amongst the other pedestrial looking black dial SPeedies) than the usual hum drum Sub. Still, the Sub is a classic. Ive owned one for over a decade and I'm still very, very happy with its looks.

I guess in the end, as the other posters note, it's got to be a gut feeling on this as either one is a good choice.

Rolex. Other than the original Speedmaster Professionals or Snoopy's, I don't really care for the other 256489216489465679126335 versions of the Speedy Pros.

I do hope you have another bank account with some money in it though.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Now if you had said that speedy vs Daytona I would have picked the Speedy, but in this case the 5513 is it
    I'd agree with this - but it is a tough choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information