Ronda 715/715Li Issues

Thread: Ronda 715/715Li Issues

Ronda 715/715Li Issues

Has anybody else had problems with Ronda 715/715Li movements? I've had several watches with these movements and all of them have had issues. Below are the details of my experiences. Are these flukes? Or is this what can be expected from these movements? What about ETA quartz? Any issues there?

• Aug. 2017 - I purchased a watch with the Ronda 715Li movement. When it arrived, I quickly set the watch to the correct time and it immediately started skipping 4 seconds at a time as if the battery was low. It may have just been the battery and might have been an easy fix, but I didn't want to deal with it. For the amount of money I spent on the watch, I expected more. I returned the watch for a full refund.
    • Sept. 2017 - I purchased watch with Ronda 715 movement. The second hand "bounced" when it moved from one second to another instead of "snapping" in place. Additionally, the second hand seemed to move backwards slightly right before it moved forward.
    • Sept. 2017 - I returned the above watch and the replacement watch I was sent had the same exact issues. I quickly returned that for a full refund.
    • Dec. 2017 - I found another watch I liked that happened to have a Ronda 715 movement so I took another chance. At first I really liked the watch, but then I noticed it had what I considered to be too much play in the hands when setting the watch. I understand a little play, but this seemed excessive. Consequently, I sold this watch as I was past the return window.

Lest it seems like I am too picky, my watch collection currently includes 1 automatic, 1 quartz Ronda 515, 2 citizen Ecodrives, 1 seiko quartz radio control, and 1 Miyota quartz with 10 year battery. None of these watches have the "bounce" or play in the hands that the Ronda 715's had. What would you recommend for a high quality quartz movement? Specifically I'm looking for a quartz diver.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to reading your experiences and recommendations.

Re: Ronda 715/715Li Issues

it's cheap c..p
    They last only a short time and not really work like a swiss watch thing.
    But rather low end performance you get for low end swiss watch pricing.
    It should be special!

Thank you for your response. Is ETA better? Do you have recommendations of what I should be looking at for better performance and quality?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiforlife View Post
    Thank you for your response. Is ETA better? Do you have recommendations of what I should be looking at for better performance and quality?
    Thermo compensated quartz. For info see our HAQ Watches forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

So, something like the ETA caliber F07.411? I understand that these will be accurate, can I expect that there won't be "bounce" in the second hand or a lot of play in the hands when setting the time? I like the look of the Certina DS Action Diver with this movement. Is this something you would recommend/feel comfortable with? Or do you have something else you would recommend? Thanks for your insights.

What do you think about CWC RN Diver quartz? I don't think it's a thermocompensated movement, but if the movement is good otherwise, I really like the look of those. Thoughts?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Something like

Three-hand calibres with date
    ETA 956.152 - 7 ¾ lignes, 7 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, date
    ETA 956.652 - 8 ¾ lignes, 7 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, date
    ETA 955.452 - 10 ½ lignes, 7 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, date
    ETA 955.652 - 11 ½ lignes, 7 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, date

Three-hand calibres with perpetual date
    ETA 252.511 - 11 ½ ligne, 7 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, perpetual date
    ETA 252.611 - 11 ½ ligne, 7 or 11 jewels, hour/minute/second hands, perpetual date

Analog chronograph calibres
    ETA 251.474 - 10 ½ lignes, 23 jewels, "PreciDrive"
    ETA 251.232 - 13 ¼ lignes, 27 jewels
    ETA 251.264 - 13 ¼ lignes "PreciDrive"
    ETA 251.274 - 13 ¼ lignes "PreciDrive"
    ETA 251.294 - 13 ¼ lignes, 23 jewels, "PreciDrive"

Multifunction analog/digital chronograph calibres
    ETA 988.352 - 9 ¾ x 11 ½ ligne, 7 jewels, hour/minute hands, LCD screen, alarm
    ETA E20.341 - 13 ¼ ligne, 27 jewels

Very high precision chronometer calibres
    ETA 255.511 - 10 ½ lignes, 6 jewels
    ETA 255.561 - 10 ½ lignes, 6 jewels
    ETA 255.472 - 11 ½ lignes, 6 jewels
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Excellent. This is great. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    it's cheap c..p
    They last only a short time and not really work like a swiss watch thing.
    But rather low end performance you get for low end swiss watch pricing.
    Allow me to correct you.

The Ronda 715li has a 10 year battery life. It's a "Swiss Made" 5 jewel movement. This movement can be serviced.
    The Ronda 715 Swiss parts movement has 1 jewel but will probably still last more than a few decades.

One of my watches is 17 years old with a Miyota quartz zero jewel movement, still ticking away within spec.

That's the nature of a quartz movement (even the cheap ones), along with the great timekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Allow me to correct you.

The Ronda 715li has a 10 year battery life. It's a "Swiss Made" 5 jewel movement. This movement can be serviced.
    The Ronda 715 Swiss parts movement has 1 jewel but will probably still last more than a few decades.

One of my watches is 17 years old with a Miyota quartz zero jewel movement, still ticking away within spec.

That's the nature of a quartz movement (even the cheap ones), along with the great timekeeping.
    Miyotas are solid. It not about jewel count. Although higher jewel count Swiss movements tend to be better.
    Also Swiss parts is not equal to Swiss made in terms of quality.
    There is also huge difference in reliability between metal miyota and full plastic one (usually found in 20$ or so watches).
    Fossil based on Miyota has 7 year warranty. Skagen (again same miyota) once came with lifetime warranty. They are reliable.
    Ronda based watches are not bad per se they keep good time for affordable quartz, not hitting second marks which for some a huge deal but over all not bad.
    Full plastic movements are less reliable and they occupy a lot of watches.
    There is nothing wrong with design, rather materials quality and how they age. Some plastics have tendency to deteriorate after certain time.
    On other hand i saw printers with plastic gears churning pages for past 15 years or more.
    If chosen right it legitimate lasting choice.
    Last edited by Rocket1991; January 9th, 2019 at 01:12.
    It should be special!

Thread Information