Rose vs Yellow Gold - Dress Watch
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rose vs Yellow Gold - Dress Watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rose vs Yellow Gold - Dress Watch

I only have stainless steel watches but would like to save up for a Solid Rose or Yellow Gold Dress Watch. I don’t know much about it and I wanted to get people’s opinion on Yellow VS Rose Gold for dress watches. Does one last better than the other? Is Rose more understated and versatile? What do you guys think about this topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rose vs Yellow Gold - Dress Watch

Depends on ur taste.

YG is flashier while RG is more understated and elegant. YG is classic while RG is more modern.

Also if really wanna get into it, YG looks better on warm skin tones while RG looks better on cool skin tones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jale View Post
    I only have stainless steel watches but would like to save up for a Solid Rose or Yellow Gold Dress Watch. I don’t know much about it and I wanted to get people’s opinion on Yellow VS Rose Gold for dress watches. Does one last better than the other? Is Rose more understated and versatile? What do you guys think about this topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously depends on the maker. My H Moser is "Rose Gold" and looks very reddish. My Omega Seamaster is also "Rose Gold" but looks just shy of yellow to me.

The style of watch, dial, and how you pair it with a strap matters with gold. In the end everything comes down to taste though.

Rose Gold, Red Gold, and Pink Gold seem to be interchangeable with many sellers... but technically they shouldn't be.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Theories are great, but try it on.
    I was looking at a rose/red gold watch (Rolex Daytona). I have fair skin and tend to look more red than tan during the sunny months. The red gold watch was a bit of a wash for my complexion, offering less contrast than a yellow gold watch would.
    These days, it seems the department store designer watches are mostly red color, so I tend to shy away from red gold. Yellow to me is more classic, especially if your watch is, or resembles, a vintage timepiece.

Yellow looks better on men.
    Nokie and Sebast975 like this.

I'm partial to rose gold, but not sure if it isn't more of a fad and will become dated down the road.

I tend to agree that there are way too many variables to generalize. It all depends on the watch. My simple advice would be to keep your options open, look at all the versions/models/flavors you can find and see what jumps out at ya’. Don’t get it in your head that you really want one or the other, just start trying ‘em on and see how your preference develops.

I love rose gold and think it looks better on this man (sorry Johnny). However, I'm fairly obsessed with matching metals and I can't find rose gold belt buckles anywhere. And I'm not going to pay several hundred for a custom one just so I match on the rare times I wear a gold watch. So....I go with yellow gold.

But to me, rose gold is much better looking. YMMV.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rfortson; July 31st, 2019 at 18:56.
    Synequano, Moonchucks and Viseguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lostmymind View Post
    I'm partial to rose gold, but not sure if it isn't more of a fad and will become dated down the road.
    Rose gold has been around for years. I had a Doxa from the mid 50's that was 14k rose gold. It was gorgeous. Sorry I ever sold it.

[QUOTE]Yellow looks better on men./QUOTE]

+1
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information