Thread: Ruhla Garde 21-21

Inactive

Ruhla Garde 21-21

This "cheapy" keeps beckoning me, been beckoning me all year
    http://de3.netpure.de/cgi-bin/basepo...alognr==202005

Name:  mechanic_21-21s_g.jpg
Views: 3345
Size:  81.5 KB

Any information/advice on it , the (russian? ) handwind movement , would be greatly appreciated
    Is it rareish? Is it in everything ? Is it tuppence happeny rubbish or what ?

The obvious no for me is the garish strap, but that can be sorted easily enough I suppose, just extra money. (They do a black strap version, but with gold markers on the dial which I think look really wrong in photo's)
    The other slight no is it's titanium, just wish it was steel to literally add weight to it, but you can't have everything

It's only £64 delivered so what am I missing ?
    Last edited by watchma; October 13th, 2012 at 22:56.

Re: Ruhla Garde 21-21

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    It's only £64 delivered so what am I missing ?
    From the little I could find out about this watch is that it's made in the same Chinese factories that produce Junkers and Zeppelin watches. The movements used seem to vary depending on what is available on any particular day.

The mfrg location of Junkers/Zeppelin was discussed before and they are made in Germany. So i believe Ruhla is made there as well (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I was tempted to get the 21-21 as well and did do some research on it. The official website lists its movement as SARJA 2009B-21 jewels. According to Welcome to USSR Time!, it's used in Nurse's brooch watch for hospital/medical use.

The rest, I just based on what the watch is primary marketed with; Titanium & Sapphire Crystal, basically features where you have to pay a slight premium for.

All-in-all, I always try to remind myself that I get what I pay for as it seems this watch seems too good to be true.
    However, at the price, the risk is mitigated.

You may have just resurrected my interest again :)
    watchma likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CogitoErgoSum View Post
    From the little I could find out about this watch is that it's made in the same Chinese factories that produce Junkers and Zeppelin watches. The movements used seem to vary depending on what is available on any particular day.
    Do you think it's possible to luck into a JLC, VC, or AP movement if it happens to be a Chinese holiday?
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by CogitoErgoSum View Post
    Do you have any evidence? I would like to address the salesmen at the next exhibition in Munich!
    Авиатор ‣ АВР ‣ Аврора ‣ Агат ‣ Адмиральские ‣ Амфибия ‣ АЧВ ‣ АЧС ‣ Буран ‣ Волна ‣ Восток ‣ Генеральские ‣ Денисов ‣ Заря ‣ Звезда ‣ ЗиМ ‣ Кировские ‣ Командирские ‣ Луч ‣ Маяк ‣ Мир ‣ Молния ‣ Москва ‣ Наири ‣ Океан ‣ Орион ‣ Победа ‣ Полёт ‣ Пионер ‣ Ракета ‣ Родина ‣ Россия ‣ Сатурн ‣ Сигнал ‣ Слава ‣ Спортивные ‣ Спутник ‣ Стрела ‣ Хрусталь ‣ Чайка ‣ Штурманские ‣ Электроника ‣ ЯнтарьAlba ‣ Aspor ‣ AviatorSwiss ‣ Blonex ‣ Błonie ‣ Car'n'Driver ‣ Chateau ‣ Citizen ‣ Clipper ‣ Deuta ‣ Enicar ‣ Franklin ‣ Fuji ‣ Glashütte ‣ Glycine ‣ Gruen ‣ HenriGireaux ‣ Junghans ‣ Junkers ‣ Karex ‣ Lip ‣ LordElgin ‣ Mido ‣ Moeris ‣ Onsa ‣ Orient ‣ ParaNeptun ‣ Plymouth ‣ Poltik ‣ Premira ‣ Prim ‣ Primato ‣ Rega ‣ Ricoh ‣ Rivado ‣ Royal ‣ Royce ‣ Ruhla ‣ RWUE ‣ Seca ‣ Seiko ‣ Shanghai ‣ Silvia ‣ Thiel ‣ TimeRite ‣ Tissot ‣ UMF ‣ Ursacord ‣ VostokEurope ‣ Yrda ‣ Zentra ‣ Zeppelin ‣ ZMP ‣ Zodiac

Thread Information