Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this to the right place..

Over Christmas I received a new mechanical watch, a TNT Challenger Black Luna. It's an amazing timepiece (and I plan to post some pictures in the photography forum soon!), however I'm concerned about the fact that for the few days I've had it, it seems to speed up by 1-3 minutes per day.. I've owned quite a few modern automatic watches in the past and have heard all kinds of arguments surrounding the "break-in" period for these types of movements. I've never noticed any issues with timekeeping out of the box before but I'm curious to know if anyone has information regarding older manual-wind movements?

The movement in question is a Valjoux 7734 Chrono with triple calendar and moonphase complications and the watch was produced in late September and has sat unwound in the box until Christmas. Any chance this could be something more than a run-in issue or a sticky mainspring?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

(By the way, I should probably mention that I'm not sure how many positions the watch has been adjusted to as it isn't stated in the instructions or spec sheet as far as I can tell, but I've been leaving it for the last few nights dial up and have now started leaving it crown down to see if it makes a difference)