RXW Question

Thread: RXW Question

Montreal, Canada. Land of Captain Canuck!

RXW Question

I look at the watches made by Ken Sato, and I like them a lot, taken as a homage piece (in my mind, same as the PloProf homage being produced by Ocean7).

I don't want to start an argument about the differences between homage and rip-off (oh, what a can of Bantha worms! ). Rather, I've come to suspect there are now fake RXW being sold on eBay, especially the Panerai homage. I suspect these are "rebranded" fake Panerai pieces.... Can anyone shed light on the subject?

But that's not all! Just a few minutes, I saw this item, and I wonder if it's a legit Ken Sato product, or a new rip-off of a Ken Sato product (itself highly inspired by Rolex and Panerai products).

This is becomming dizzying, and all this confusion keeps me from buying one (the Ken Sato pieces, I mean)...... I wish I knew what the story is .... .

Avant líheure ce níest pas líheure; aprŤs líheure ce níest plus líheure

Since 1999 and my first Omega Seamaster Bond, I've had dozens of watches.
    Permanent collection today: 2013 Tudor Black Bay & 2018 Tudor Black Bay Heritage
    2011 Omega Speedmaster
    , 2015 Rolex Submariner
    my feedback

Re: RXW Question

a replica of a replica. that watch has nothing to do with comex. its a cheap ingraving job on the caseback. I steer clear of any of those types of watches. any company that chooses a logo to look like something is is really walking a fine line between a homage and a out and out replica.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    a replica of a replica. that watch has nothing to do with comex. its a cheap ingraving job on the caseback. I steer clear of any of those types of watches. any company that chooses a logo to look like something is is really walking a fine line between a homage and a out and out replica.
    I understand your point of view Yamahaki, but in some ways, what Ken Sato did, IMHO, was fueled by a desire to "revive a classic design", similar to what Ocean7 is doing with their PloProf homage mentioned previously. I view that as different than trying to fool the buyer into thinking they are purchasing the original product altogether. Again, not to open that can ...

But are you confirming that now others are making fake Ken Sato products?

Permanent collection today: 2013 Tudor Black Bay & 2018 Tudor Black Bay Heritage
    2011 Omega Speedmaster
    , 2015 Rolex Submariner
    my feedback

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm familiar with ken satos watches and some look really great. whats posted in your link isn't even close. I'm all for a homage watch as sometimes its as close as your going to get the real watch. as long as the homage has there own company and name thats great. I took note that the watch in the pic says comex on it. comex is under seas technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    Iwhats posted in your link isn't even close. .
    I thought so, a fake . Who you gonna call?

BUT: how can I make sure I buy a authentic Ken Sato watch?
    Info about past models on the web site is sparse. I might as well drop the idea of buying a RXW.

2011 Omega Speedmaster
    , 2015 Rolex Submariner
    my feedback

Thread Information