Salary of a WIS ... oh, and let's see some eye candy too.

Poll: What is your gross annual income?

Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Salary of a WIS ... oh, and let's see some eye candy too.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Salary of a WIS ... oh, and let's see some eye candy too.

After spending some time reading through various sub-forums from public and affordable to JLC and High-End, drooling over the images posted and reading the signature lines of various members, I started to wonder, what is the average household income of the WIS on WUS? What better way to answer such a question than a poll?

I should note that this, in an effort to keep it honest, this is a private poll so others cannot see what you post. Additionally, as it is typically the number used in the hiring process and general conversation let's go with gross income as the unit of measure.

Since every post deserves pictures feel free to toss up some eye candy once you've responded to the poll.

...and with that, my AD decided to tease me with this gem after I told him I would soon be completing my purchase:

Last edited by SwedishElite22; October 12th, 2012 at 03:20.
    Ω SMP 300M 2220.80 • Hamilton H78465553 • Helm Vanuatu 01AR1 • Vintage Seiko 5 6309-8239 • G-Shock GW7900B-1 • G-Shock MTG900 • DTW LE Chrono

True Grail : A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk

Re: Salary of a WIS ... oh, and let's see some eye candy too.

Here's a 1936 Bulova. To get it running like a top and with some new wheels it cost me around $150.00
    BTW it's not your income but your net worth that determines if you're wealthy or not.
    Ozy, GinGinD, Janne and 2 others like this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Really?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Correct, but net worth can be a little harder to pin down for most (I would think).... annual household income is something most know off the top of their head.

Nice piece.
    Ω SMP 300M 2220.80 • Hamilton H78465553 • Helm Vanuatu 01AR1 • Vintage Seiko 5 6309-8239 • G-Shock GW7900B-1 • G-Shock MTG900 • DTW LE Chrono

True Grail : A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk

Lol. Not gonna happen. Does that question really seem appropriate to you?

Ever?

An old friend of mine graduated from Law School a few years back. Got a six-figure salary soon afterwards, based only on his own initiative. Minus his crushing student loans, he had enough money at the end of the month for burgers and fries at McDonald's.

Another individual I know used to work as a security officer in downtown Manhattan. He made about $21,000. Single, no student loans, car was paid off years ago. (So was his mortgage.) He could easily afford steak a few times a month.

And, when both guys became unemployed, later on; only one was actually prepared for it. Here's a hint, it wasn't the lawyer.
    JohnP33, Cybotron and LBCGoat like this.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

That top category needs a few more slices.

I haven't worked since March. I don't care a bit to say it. I'll be dead this time next year and that's okay too. Happens to all of us eventually.

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm not sick. Just not planning to burden anybody when the money runs out.
    Last edited by Lord Monocle; October 12th, 2012 at 04:47. Reason: Thanks for the kind thoughts, Monocrom.
    marchone and jonesy like this.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

I used to spend way more when I was single, personally. And I think aside from those of us out buying $30 40 50,000+ on a single watch, obligations (student loans, debt, mortgage, bills) and status (married, single, kids) are the 2 main driving factors on what we have disposable to spend.
    VoiceOfSticks and lukkluj like this.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monocle View Post
    That top category needs a few more slices.

I haven't worked since March. I don't care a bit to say it. I'll be dead this time next year and that's okay too. Happens to all of us eventually.
    Won't ask for details. Very sorry to hear that.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Ozy
    This member was a spammer.

Dont give yourself a hernia.
    Last edited by novedl; October 12th, 2012 at 05:05.
    Gary123 likes this.
    Pavo absolutus

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information