For the same size, wear a bracelet with more links/tighter clasp or less links/looser clasp?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jilgiljongiljing

Thread: For the same size, wear a bracelet with more links/tighter clasp or less links/looser clasp?

For the same size, wear a bracelet with more links/tighter clasp or less links/looser clasp?

Assuming you could achieve the same size (more or less) on a bracelet with either method, which do you go with? I could see how, on a clasp with much room for adjustment, you could save a lot of weight by taking out a few links and then extending the clasp to the end of its rage. Especially on a heavy watch like the monster. Thoughts?

Re: For the same size, wear a bracelet with more links/tighter clasp or less links/looser clasp?

for me the most important part is where the clasp hits the bracelet on the backside of the buckle. thats what i let drive whether not to add another link
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Re: For the same size, wear a bracelet with more links/tighter clasp or less links/looser clasp?

I don't think the links weigh enough to make any real difference so I'd just make sure it's comfortable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I leave the clasp micro centered on the micro adjustments usually. This way, I can make quick adjustments to size depending on the particular day. Generally my wrist size tends to change based on if its a hot day or a cold day. Otherwise I'd have to add a link and remove a link for summer/winter changes. The thing thats most annoying is dual deploys without half links. I can pretty much never get a proper fit with those.
    portauto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    I leave the clasp micro centered on the micro adjustments usually. This way, I can make quick adjustments to size depending on the particular day. Generally my wrist size tends to change based on if its a hot day or a cold day. Otherwise I'd have to add a link and remove a link for summer/winter changes. The thing thats most annoying is dual deploys without half links. I can pretty much never get a proper fit with those.
    +1

Thread Information