Sandoz for $175?

Thread: Sandoz for $175?

Sandoz for $175?

I was going Chinatown spelunking (basically exploring all the little holes in the wall throughout the neighborhood) in Boston with a few friends when I stumbled upon a small jewelry place. Nothing too nice in there, but one watch caught my eye: a Sandoz President. The SS day/date model. I've read a bit about these watches, and I know they have basic ETA workhorses in them, but are they any good? The guy wanted $175 for it. It sounds pretty good to me- sapphire crystal, Swiss auto movement and an exhibition case back for 175? But are they any good? Thanks in advance!
    Collection: TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage, Heuer 'Trackmaster' Chronograph, Steinhart Ocean One Black, Orient Mako, Getat PVD PAM Homage, Timex Easy Reader, Luminox 1881.BO

Grails: Omega Railmaster XXL, a pre-moon Omega Speedmaster, Heuer Monaco 1133, Rolex Daytona 6264, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, any Patek Philippe in existence, Rolex Daytona 116515LN

Soon to add: Seiko SKX007, Xetum Stinson,

Re: Sandoz for $175?

I would be very cautious of anything located near a Chinatown pretty much anywhere, including China. You may find what you think you are getting under the hood is not what you bargained for.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Yes you will need to verify it. Sounds like a Sandoz 'President' Day Date, a Rolex lookalike. Some google searching should reveal pricing and reviews.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Right. It looked legit to me, and I've not heard of anyone faking a Sandoz (at that point, why not just fake a Rolex President?). I've seen some mixed reviews on it and I basically just wanted to see if anyone owns one and could tell me if it's worth it. I'm not desperate for a new watch at the moment or anything, but $175 seemed like a great deal for a hacking, hand winding, sapphire crystal-ed watch. I dunno, I'll just have to try to haggle with him and take a gamble on it. If I spend $125 and it's no good, it's a disappointment, but it's not the end of the world. Thanks all.
    Collection: TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage, Heuer 'Trackmaster' Chronograph, Steinhart Ocean One Black, Orient Mako, Getat PVD PAM Homage, Timex Easy Reader, Luminox 1881.BO

Grails: Omega Railmaster XXL, a pre-moon Omega Speedmaster, Heuer Monaco 1133, Rolex Daytona 6264, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, any Patek Philippe in existence, Rolex Daytona 116515LN

Soon to add: Seiko SKX007, Xetum Stinson,

Thread Information