Sandoz watch...please help identify

Thread: Sandoz watch...please help identify

Sandoz watch...please help identify

My dad got this watch as a gift from Korea in the late 90s. I found this burried in one of our cabinets with out a box.
    The leather strap is really worn so I tried looking for a replacement on the net but I didn't find any direct Sandoz dealer to get a replacement. First time I've heard of the brand. Found out that Sandoz got split into 4 via wikipedia. The different variations of the logo only confused me more. Couldn't find in google what the watch's actual model is.

So, I got more curious as to where it really came from and how old the model is and if it's made from Sandoz Singapore, Sandoz Hongkong, Sandoz Swiss or Sandoz Spain.

The only information I know so far:
    Label: Sandoz
    Movement: Quartz
    Stuff written at the back: La Compagnie Des Montres Sandoz SA | Fond Acier | 10723-D-42
    Noticed that the logo in front is different from the logo at the back.

Hope you guys could help me :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Sandoz watch...please help identify

Hmm have to say I'm stumped.
    I have seen both Sandoz Singapore and HK use that simple logo for the dial/crown and that elaborate logo on the caseback. The way the case back is signed (La Compagnie Des Montres Sandoz SA) is similar to the way Sandoz Singapore signs their casebacks, but they usually do it on 2 lines and not 3 lines. Sandoz HK often just lists the specs on the back. The model/serial number looks similar to the system Sandoz HK uses and they include that on back whereas Sandoz Singapore usually omits it. It's probably not Sandoz Spain as they use a different logo entirely, and I have not many Sandoz Swiss.

But .... perhaps it's none of those 4. I thought the use of "Fond Acier" was strange so I googled it and found BigBenWatches selling a Sandoz with a similar caseback to yours.
    SANDOZ Classic Automatic Date Watch by Big Ben Watches
    They claim: "it's one of the Sandoz' early creations before its global expansion, making it closer to its Swiss origins than others under the label."

Thanks, Citizen V!
    My dad just remembered that it came with a red box but unfortunately they already threw it away. I'm not sure if all Sandoz packaging is like that so maybe that'll be another clue. Also, is it unusual that the logo in front is printed at the back of the glass cover? I also haven't seen any Sandoz model on the internet that has that kind of lug.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I haven't seen that type of Sandoz before either but I'm no expert, haha. I just have a couple and been watching them on eBay.

I believe the packaging does differ, but I'm not familiar with a red box. Sandoz Singapore has been using green ones:

Sandoz HK has been using this brown (burgundy looking in some lighting) box. I wonder if it was this one?

Name:  box.png
Views: 1917
Size:  89.1 KB

It's also interesting the printing is on the inside of the crystal, and not on the dial. Sandoz HK actually did that with one of their most recent models:

The "SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL" at the bottom is printed on the inside of the crystal instead of on the dial. It was probably done for different reasons than your watch though, and may just be a coincidence.

Thread Information