Saw this on a Deal of the Day site (Or, what $1.395 million will buy you)
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Saw this on a Deal of the Day site (Or, what $1.395 million will buy you)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Saw this on a Deal of the Day site (Or, what $1.395 million will buy you)

Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon

Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon Mens Wristwatch Model: 5002G

From the seller's description:

Geneva Seal engraved on Movement. Hidden Tourbillon. Truly awe-inspiring piece that is almost impossible to find. Poire hands. Month at 3 o'clock, moonphase at 6 o'clock, leap year cycle at 12 o'clock. Retrograde (jumps-back) center date hand. On the back celestial sky dial, the white skeletonized hands indicate the sidereal hour as it occurs every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds. The eliptical sky vault displays the present orientation of the visible celestial sky. The lunar cycle of 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 2.82 seconds is also indicated on the rear dial. This watch would be the crown-jewel in any afficionados collection, other than perhaps, the Vacheron Constantin Tour de I'lle. Even more limited than the magnificent Yellow Gold version, and the Platinum version, the newly released White Gold Sky-Moon Tourbillon is presently the rarest production wristwatch in the world.

Holy smokes! How did I ever get buy without having a sidereal hour complication?
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

Re: Saw this on a Deal of the Day site (Or, what $1.395 million will buy you)

want to go halfs on it? ;) seriously what a watch though
    Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Instagram: @tophstewart

References
    All liinked in one thread
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/my...rs-903425.html

Quote Originally Posted by toph View Post
    want to go halfs on it? ;) seriously what a watch though
    I think if we got all the active WUS members to put equal shares into the pot, we *might* be able to pick one of these up.

That is, if I just flip my G-shock first.
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

wouldn't give more than $900k for it, because frankly I'm not thrilled by the Patek Phillipe Geneve that steals 1/3 of the month's real estate. Money can't buy the end of tackiness, I guess.

This is the sort of watch for which I keep reference photos . I'm a bit nutty about celestial complications, and this one is amazing. Yeah, yeah, I know... Maybe one of these days I might just go and buy a Citizen Astrodea and cry in my beer as a consolation. This isn't merchandise, it's fine art masquerading as marketing icon.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Photos:

The more "common" yellow gold version:

Last edited by johnchoe; March 11th, 2011 at 08:19.

When you think that all of this is achieved mechanically, it's mind-blowing.

I don't understand. Why would it have a tourbillon and then hide it? What's the point? Show off that beauty to the world!

Quote Originally Posted by fasthandssam View Post
    I don't understand. Why would it have a tourbillon and then hide it? What's the point? Show off that beauty to the world!
    Understated class at it's pinnacle. "yeah, I've got a tourbillon, but I don't NEED to show it off". Why bother? All of the other show off complications are enough!

Banned

WOW... lifetime savings for a useless toy. This is for people so disgustingly rich they can throw away their money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information