Scratches on the tachymeter dial

Thread: Scratches on the tachymeter dial

Scratches on the tachymeter dial

Hello everyone
    After a lot of reading and searching , I decided to buy the victorinox ground force 60\60 as my main watch.
    Unfortunately, at the second time I wore it, it got scratched on the tachymeter dial by a curved edge of the the kitchen marble :oops:
    (i'm used to my not-so-impotant g-shock).
    The scratches are between 125 to almost 190 on the tachymeter scale, on the sharp edeg of it.
    Now, my question is if there is something I can do about these scatches, or should I just let my nerves go wild ?

thanks,
    Ido.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Scratches on the tachymeter dial

Just forget about it and get on and enjoy the watch. I put a ding in the side if the bezel of my speedmaster recently and was not too pleased, especially after i looked up replacement costs. After a few days I forgot about it and like with most of these things nobody else will ever know about it.
    Enjoy your watch.

Thanks camb66, but I just can't let it go, especially now when the watch is brand-new...
    It's hardly noticeable, but now it's the first thing that jumps into my eyes, even when I take a quick glance, and it can drive me crazy...
    Please, if anybody knows how can I smooth it up I'll be very grateful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It can be repaired, but removing scratches and dings takes skill and practice. If you haven't done this before, you might consider taking your watch to a watchmaker and have him/her do it for you.

If you want to try it yourself, you will need a selection of wet-and-dry emery paper, and Scotch Brite pads. Also tape (thick masking tape or duct tape) to protect the parts of the case you aren't repairing.

You will need to select a grade of emery paper or Scotch Brite pad of similar grit to the deepest scratch, and begin working the metal until you have removed the scratch, then use finer and finer grades until you have matched the original brushed finish. You may or may not also have to touch up the black markings. Refinishing/scratch repair isn't quite as easy as it sounds here, so make your decision to proceed carefully. You could make things worse.
    Last edited by Popoki Nui; March 30th, 2010 at 04:37.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Thread Information