Scratches on titanium watch?

Thread: Scratches on titanium watch?

Banned

Scratches on titanium watch?

Quick question for all of you WIS that have dealt with titanium cased watches. I recently purchased a Hamilton Frogman Titanium watch knowing that it had some minor scratches on both the bezel and on the casing. I dropped it off at my jewler on wednesday to have him go over the watch and "hopefully" polish out these scratches. Im sitting here nervous not knowing if this is gonna work or not. "I feel like a parent with my child in for surgery not knowing the outcome". Have any of you had any experience with titanium watches and scratches. Even my jewler doesnt really know if its gonna work so Im looking for a little piece of mind here if anyone has any input. Thanks guys!

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Re: Scratches on titanium watch?

This thread will point you in some reassuring directions...
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Banned

Titanium is a soft metal, so it both scratches and polishes out nicely!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

OK Im starting to feel a little at rest about the situation. Im just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thanks and any additional advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information