"Screen Protectors" for Watches?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Screen Protectors" for Watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Screen Protectors" for Watches?

They have these for smartphones, why not have them for your watch? Something that protects the crystal, and maybe the clasp as well?

Good idea? Bad idea?

Would you pay say $10 for a sheet of say 12 crystal / clasp protectors, custom fitted to your model watch?

Re: "Screen Protectors" for Watches?

I wouldn't... I've never had one on my phone either. Gorilla glass is difficult to scratch and I've never gotten a noticeable scratch on my phone, even though I just dump it in and out of my pockets and car. If you have a sapphire crystal, it VERY difficult to scratch, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus, many protectors aren't truly invisible, and create a noticeable haze or lack of reflection. Then half the time they look kind of crappy and scuffed themselves while waiting to be replaced.

I think of them sort of like plastic slip covers for furniture - sure it protects it, but often it looks worse that the scratches and wear would.
    Justin Stacks and rfortson like this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

They are already available and I believe there is a vid on Utube on how to apply them. I don't think such a thing exists for clasps, though I do know that there has been some discussion about trimming smartphone screen protectors to suit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's not how I want to enjoy wearing my watches. I don't use screen protector for my phone either.

I have a roll of polyurethane tape. I put some of that on the clasp of my Planet Ocean because it's so easy to scratch. I think it works great. Been using it on this and a Seamaster I sold for a couple years.

Interesting. By business makes niche products. Maybe I should do a trial run for clasps..

One of the screen protector companies indeed makes a set cut for the Planet Ocean.

Do a search, this topic has been done b/4....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

Lol, why make a sapphire glass, the glass is harder than the screen protector.
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Lol, why make a sapphire glass, the glass is harder than the screen protector.
    Maybe the screen protector would keep the AR coating from getting scratched.

Which then would make the AR coating useless, as the protective film is reflective. That means that the film would be there to protect the AR and prop up the watch's resale value, which then implies that the owner didn't want to keep the watch a long time... so why was the watch bought in the first place?
    Crunchy and Justin Stacks like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information