Screw Down Pushers
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EROKS

Thread: Screw Down Pushers

Screw Down Pushers

Can someone enlighten me about the pros and cons of screw down pushers on chronographs? I'm trying to decide if I want a Phantom or a Comanche.
    drwindsurf likes this.
    Watch Collection-
    changes too often to list

Re: Screw Down Pushers

First off, not sure if you meant screw down/non screw down would determine which watch you purchase, but whichever you prefer, call Kobold, they can swap either in or out on the Phantom, and sure they would on Comanche as well.

I have screw down pushers on my Phantom. The most obvious "benefit" to having screw down is that you will never accidentally start/stop your timer by it hitting against something. If accuracy is key, and you are very active, this is probably preferred. The biggest benefit of non-screw down is that you can access them to start stop in a hurry, with gloves on, just easier and quicker access.

I believe the screw downs gives you a hint more water resistance as well if I remember correctly.

other than that, I went with screw downs because I prefer the look of the watch with the screw down pushers. I feel it gives it more of a tool watch look, but that is certainly a personal preference.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Thanks for the info. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know they could be swapped in or out. I think I also like the look of the screw down ones and like the idea of not being able to accidentally start/stop the timer.
    Watch Collection-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

EROKS,
    Apparently it is possible to cause damage to a 7750 chronograph by resetting the chrono without stopping it first.

Screw locked pushers will assist in preventing accidental operation of the reset pusher.

With a Phantom it is simple, unlock the start/stop pusher and commence timing. When you need to reset, unscrew the reset pusher and reset the chrono. A quick screw in and the reset pusher is protected from accidental operation.

Just an advantage to consider with regards to screw locked or standard pushers.

regards,
    george

Thanks for the info...I have never owned a chronograph before so every bit of info helps!
    Watch Collection-

Quote Originally Posted by George01161 View Post
    EROKS,
    Apparently it is possible to cause damage to a 7750 chronograph by resetting the chrono without stopping it first.

Screw locked pushers will assist in preventing accidental operation of the reset pusher.

With a Phantom it is simple, unlock the start/stop pusher and commence timing. When you need to reset, unscrew the reset pusher and reset the chrono. A quick screw in and the reset pusher is protected from accidental operation.

Just an advantage to consider with regards to screw locked or standard pushers.

regards,
    george
    Thanks George for bringing this up, 7750 movement has additional glitches setting the date and time also, I always set the date around 6PM to avoid any possible damage to movement.
    KOBOLD x 4, ROLEX , Corum, concord im

THis only pertains to setting the date. You can set the time at any time, to any time, but don't want to try to set the date wheel during the late night/early morning hours. Of course, you can move the time back a few hours, set the date, and then reset for current time.

I didn't know about resetting while in operation though, good tidbit.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Without a doubt, you have to stop the chrono before resetting on the 7750. Its kinda like changing gears without using your clutch. Flyback chrono's allow for the resetting without stopping for obvious reasons. Same is true for setting date. I always change the date to the day before with the time at 6:00. Then, I roll the tim forward till it changes the date at/around 12:00. This also ensures you set it correctly in terms of am/pm. Of course, all of this is avoided by having no date dials, which are always cleaner looking:)

Thread Information