Seal: bracelet or strap?

Thread: Seal: bracelet or strap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seal: bracelet or strap?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Seal but I can't decide on getting it with the ss bracelet or just on the strap.

I really like having strap options on my Panerais - it's part of the fun - but I'm thinking that the bracelet on the Seal is part of its iconic nature. Plus all of my Panerai straps are for 24mm lug width and I think that the Seal is 22mm. Is that right?

Any thoughts on the Seal with or without the bracelet?

Thanks,

conorb

Re: Seal: bracelet or strap?

While those of you more knowledgeable than me are thinking about your answer on this one, may I throw another wrinkle into the question?

I have my SOA on order (STILL) with a titanium bracelet. Would that bracelet work for an option on the Seal as well? I know the material is different, but the two tone look might work. Has anyone done this?

I believe they are both 22 mm lugs but the Seal does reference something about having a special made bracelet to handle the bulk of the watch in the description on the website.

TMW

I am sure that you will find many opinions on bracelet vs strap on the seal. First it is 22mm lug with.

I have the ss version and use the bracelet. It is a heavy watch - but comfortable. I have tried the kobold bands, a SBW, and zulus, and still prefer the bracelet.

I can tell you that with the bracelet, it looks like a lot of metal.

Most importantly, it is a very comfortable bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First off, yes, the SEAL has 22mm lugs, so your Panerai straps are going to be a tight fit, to say the least. As for the bracelet, I love the look and the heft of it. IMO, it really complements the overall beastliness of the watch, though there are many that dislike it because of the way the watch sits on the wrist owing to its extreme thickness relative to the shortness of the lugs (Daniel has some good shots of this effect). Personally, I dig the look, but if it ain't your cuppa, then a Delaurian SWB should cure what ails you (the "standard" Kobold leather straps are a bit on the wimpy side, if you ask me).

My favorite strap? Oddly, the humble $15 NATO. There's no accounting for taste, I suppose.

Regards,
    Adam

PS - But yes, I would recommend the bracelet for the full SEAL experience.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Buy the bracelet... There still may be a few used ones floating on the sales corner here for a nice price, if you are buying a SS. I like bracelets, especially when the weather turns hot and humid. No matter how loose I have a strap on, it starts to feel a bit moisturey (if it is even a word).. Plus with a bracelet I can just dunk my hands right in the sink/tub/etc and not worry about how long the strap will take to dry..

Of course I am in a zulu/nato faze on the EII...

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Buy the bracelet... There still may be a few used ones floating on the sales corner here for a nice price, if you are buying a SS. I like bracelets, especially when the weather turns hot and humid. No matter how loose I have a strap on, it starts to feel a bit moisturey (if it is even a word).. Plus with a bracelet I can just dunk my hands right in the sink/tub/etc and not worry about how long the strap will take to dry..

A bit "wet"?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    A bit "wet"?

Bingo! Mind went blank....

No, I don't think moisturey is a word. Perhaps it should be. I did have a bit of a "Blackadder moment" there when I did read the word though, I couldn't help but think of General Melchett going: "BAAAH!"

I've been definitely leaning towards the bracelet for all the reasons mentioned. Also, the weight doesn't bother me; I have these Popeye style forearms and wrists and it would probably be fine for me.

So, now next question: Keeping in mind that I've recently sold a couple of watches so I'm basically ready to go.

Question is: Should I wait until the Cousteau diver comes out and see what it's like and hold off on the Seal? My assumption is that it will be a tool style watch - it is called a diver after all, but (and I'm not trying to fish for information here) does everyone think it'll be in league with the Seal and if I get a Seal am I going to be disappointed that I didn't wait until the new diver came out? I really didn’t phrase that well.

Maybe I should just buy the Seal and not worry about it. hmmmm.....

conorb

Wait for the Cousteau... If it doesn't float your boat, you can get a production model Seal... The Seal will be around for awhile, I think the Cousteau will be snatched up and sold out quickly...

Wait for the Cousteau... If it doesn't float your boat, you can get a production model Seal... The Seal will be around for awhile, I think the Cousteau will be snatched up and sold out quickly...
    I think that is a good plan. I've waited a lot longer for things; another month or two, or whatever, won't hurt anything.

conorb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information