SEAL deconstructed

Thread: SEAL deconstructed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SEAL deconstructed

Hello - long time since I posted, but a pretty frequent lurker. I saw this pic via Archer Watch blog and thought it was interesting. Apologies if you've seen this already or if it's been posted before. I've always wanted to see inside the SEAL and he has a picture of it deconstructed. If anyone else has pics of the movement, please post them, would love to see it. Here's the link to the post from Archer. Once you click on the link Just hit CTRL-F (if you have a pc) and type in Kobold or scroll down just past the PAM 196 to see the parts in a blue tray. Have a merry Christmas everyone!

2010 June « Archer Watches Blog
    Last edited by Jovi; December 21st, 2010 at 04:17.

Re: SEAL deconstructed

Very cool. I had never been to that website. Thanks.
    Be well,
    Darin

That was my Seal that Al worked on. He did a complete servicing and pressure-test (wet and dry). He was really impressed with the grade of movement used as well as the overall quality of materials and construction that went into the Seal. I'll try to dig up the rest of the pics associated with the servicing.

As an aside, I highly recommend Archer watches for any and all of your non-warranty servicing. He does amazing work at a very reasonable price.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You revealed "The secret"...the date wheel...
    Merry Xmas
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by jcfguima View Post
    You revealed "The secret"...the date wheel...
    Merry Xmas
    JC
    Haha....you beat me to to it.
    Rob

Omega SMP 300M
    Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine
    Kobold SEAL, SOA, Arctic Diver, SMG-1, Phantom BO, PS RF Edition
    PAM 328L

James
    Thanks for sharing your source. Having the pressure testing equipment is important. On average what are his turn around times on a servicing? Impressive photos

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

very nice to see the inside of one of my favorite watches
    thx

SOLD: casio pathfinder,kobold soa,omega seamaster 2531.80,oakley holeshot 10th mountain division,kobold soarway diver destro (arctic blue),mtm stryker,mtm patriot titanium,kobold seal tac,kemmner octopus #127,irreantum magellan #27,kobold titanium seal,kobold phantom,kobold soa,seiko5mm,resco patriot pvd RDP09P-BL,kemmner 007-28,hamilton khaki belowzero pvd H78686333,wilson watch works 42mm diver,deepblue ap,rolex sea-dweller,breitling superocean blue,seiko monster,chasedurer udt 1000xl,chasedurer blackhawk m3,sadivemaster500 mech,citizenecodrive bm8475-00x,truglo,dsn-mm,benarusmoray#10,1km#24,panhom05,armidaA1#103,co mbatrockudt,DB master explorer,steinhart vin mil-apollon,armida a5,raven vintage,armidaa1dlc,omegaploprof,rolexsub
    my watches ::::
    1997 G-SHOCK DW-004 been through wars with me and survived!
    2014 LUMINOX BLACKOUT 1840 chrono
    2015 G-SHOCK FROGMAN
    2017 MARATAC SR 35

Quote Originally Posted by laughinggull View Post
    James
    Thanks for sharing your source. Having the pressure testing equipment is important. On average what are his turn around times on a servicing? Impressive photos
    Liz,

It depends on what Al has on the bench at any given time. The thing that I like about dealing with Al is that he'll tell you up front the estimated time of completion and return, before you send him the watch, barring unforeseen delays due to parts. He keeps you updated on your servicing, including photos and narratives and sends you a digital service-report.

James

So, here's a few of the pics of the servicing that Al did on my Seal. I highly recommend him without hesitation nor reservation.

James

Al has one of my watches at the moment, rebuilding the 616 cortebert/rolex movement. It's been there about 5 months, parts are difficult to source and when you find them and order them and they finally arrive, they may not fit. But Al has been great to work with, no worries about that.
    A note about the intl shipping, Canadian Post seems to be cracking down, that statement "For warranty repair" does not shield the shipment from canadian fees any longer. Just a note of interest.
    DW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information