In search of simple stainless Seiko

Thread: In search of simple stainless Seiko

In search of simple stainless Seiko

Hello all. I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for bearing with me. In recent months I have been looking at the Rolex Air King and the Omega Seamaster. Both of these are very plain stainless steel watches. Nothing fancy. As my budget is not allowing me to splurge at the current moment I thought I would return to my roots (which I've never abandoned) and look for a Seiko that is similar. I am not aware of any that are available in the US that look similar to the aforementioned timepieces but I thought someone here could steer me in the right direction. I prefer white or silver face. I have been wearing Seiko for over 7 years (I used to work in one of the Company Stores). I have 7 Seiko watches (1-Kinetic, 4-Automatic and 2 battery). I prefer the automatic because....I just do. I'm old school that way.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

stuffler,mike

Re: In search of simple stainless Seiko

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to our Public Forum as well. If you are interested in Seiko only I'd post on our Seiko Forum

Have you checked out the selection at seiyajapan?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

I'd post over at the Seiko forum for more feedback. The Air King should be pretty easy and that is a classic look at all price points. The Seiko Spirits come to mind. Orient also has several Star models that are comparable. A step up would be the Grand Seikos and Orient Star Royals. I think there is a kinetic diver and an inexpensive Seiko 5 that resemble the Seamaster.

If you spend the money on a nice Grand Seiko, I have a funny feeling that you might forget about the Air King.

This may meet your criteria...

It is a SARB027. I got it from www.seiyajapan.com It has a "simple" dial and the bracelet is a copy of Rolex design.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    I'd post over at the Seiko forum for more feedback. The Air King should be pretty easy and that is a classic look at all price points. The Seiko Spirits come to mind. Orient also has several Star models that are comparable. A step up would be the Grand Seikos and Orient Star Royals. I think there is a kinetic diver and an inexpensive Seiko 5 that resemble the Seamaster.

If you spend the money on a nice Grand Seiko, I have a funny feeling that you might forget about the Air King.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Grand Seiko collection.

Thanks.
    Beautiful collection!

Thread Information