Seasonal Watch Wearing Habits?

Thread: Seasonal Watch Wearing Habits?

Seasonal Watch Wearing Habits?

Still new to this whole watch hobby so I've come up with yet another question.

I was wondering if anyone has any seasonal watch wearing habits that a noob like myself might find helpful? The reason I ask is because I tried on my Seiko 007 for the first time this weekend and the thickness of the watch was a bit surprising. I realized real quick wearing long sleeve dress shirts might pose a potential problem with the 007. In light of that I was wondering if others try to wear thinner watches in the winter or maybe leather bands because the metal bracelets may be cold on the wrist?

Re: Seasonal Watch Wearing Habits?

When the weather starts turning cold I start looking at my leather strap watches, or I'll do a swap to leather. I've got a circa 60s Croton Aquamatic that I like to switch from the spiedelflex to a black leather.
    Dishonorably discharged from the Kiss Army.

TKD

I'm usually the last one to complain that it's cold, so 99.5+% of the time I wear short sleeves indoors, even in winter. Coat and gloves outside, yes, but I don't have any trouble getting them over my watch. I suppose that I might if I were to a wear a really thick watch or a watch that extended far over my wrist, but that isn't my style.

I've never had a problem with metal bracelets being cold, because I can fit them under jacket sleeve, where they're decently insulated.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Apollo 11 40th Anniversary 311.30.42.30.01.002
    Omega Speedmaster Day-Date 3222.80
    Seiko SGGA49

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is my first year with a watch with a metal bracelet (well basically). I am switching to a NATO band I think. I just can't seem to get the bracelet adjusted as well as it was in the summer, now that it is cold my watch isn't wearing the same. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeqk View Post
    This is my first year with a watch with a metal bracelet (well basically). I am switching to a NATO band I think. I just can't seem to get the bracelet adjusted as well as it was in the summer, now that it is cold my watch isn't wearing the same. Alas.
    Same here. Only watch still on a bracelet is my Ecozilla which sadly cant come off the bracelet without some insanely expensive adapters from a rude salesman (NOT Suppa. He is GREAT!!!!). I personally prefer either NATO or leather in the winter.
    Cheers,
    Mike

I don't worry about the thickness of my watches at all. But in the summer, I'm less likely to wear leather when I know I'm going to be outside.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

lvt

All my automatics have SS bracelet, so I think I will wear my G-shock this winter, the resin band is comfortable and water-proof :D
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
    When the weather starts turning cold I start looking at my leather strap watches, or I'll do a swap to leather. I've got a circa 60s Croton Aquamatic that I like to switch from the spiedelflex to a black leather.
    Same here. I put many of my watches on leather for the winter. This way I don't ruin the nice leather straps in the summer with sweat and I save some scratches from my metal bracelets. Works great. Also the winter sees the finer watches and during the summer the sports watches get more wrist time. Works out well for me. I also need to adjust my metal bands to make them wider in the summer and tighter in winter, on those watches where I don't change them to leather.

Summertime I gravitate towards stainless bracelets....grab and go, no fuss no muss

Winter I find myself desiring stealthy and comfy, anything big comfy and blacks-strapped....bund, maratac elite, wide cuff, rubber , Suunto ABC
    Last edited by bigvatch; November 30th, 2010 at 05:53.

Thread Information