Seattle GTG? - Page 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Seattle GTG?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Seattle GTG?

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    I see TradeKraft drudged up an old PDX GTG over in f71. I don't know if it is in lieu of the Seattle one, or for both areas?

Maybe combine and post on f2, if not everywhere!
    Yeah I thought id try both. I'm closer to PDX but would make the drive to Seattle if something was established up there already.

PDX would save me about 3 hours.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

I'm interested in this as well. I emailed Red Bar directly, but haven't gotten a response in the last week, so not sure what's going on there.

Anyone taking the lead on this? Happy to offer ideas for easy meeting spots if we're doing it in Seattle proper.

Also thanks for the heads up jake--Fox's has been going down hill since they relocated, and I'm disappointed they don't carry Zenith anymore. Glad I didn't stop in there after browsing Tourbillon yesterday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd probably go to a GTG as long as its a casual affair. If there's more interest in Portland I'd also consider making the drive as its not that far.

Maybe the lack of interest so far is the "Seattle freeze", or maybe its just that its a royal pain in the ass to drive around Seattle and find parking anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Monad View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. I emailed Red Bar directly, but haven't gotten a response in the last week, so not sure what's going on there.

Anyone taking the lead on this? Happy to offer ideas for easy meeting spots if we're doing it in Seattle proper.

Also thanks for the heads up jake--Fox's has been going down hill since they relocated, and I'm disappointed they don't carry Zenith anymore. Glad I didn't stop in there after browsing Tourbillon yesterday.
    How is Tourbillon? I've been wanting to check them out since they carry Breguet and I'm curious how they look IRL, but it seems intimidatingly upscale, lol. I went into Fox's once and it was just weird, but the Ben Bridge in the area was really cool by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcitecht View Post
    I'd probably go to a GTG as long as its a casual affair. If there's more interest in Portland I'd also consider making the drive as its not that far.

Maybe the lack of interest so far is the "Seattle freeze", or maybe its just that its a royal pain in the ass to drive around Seattle and find parking anywhere...

How is Tourbillon? I've been wanting to check them out since they carry Breguet and I'm curious how they look IRL, but it seems intimidatingly upscale, lol. I went into Fox's once and it was just weird, but the Ben Bridge in the area was really cool by comparison.
    Yeah Seattle's odd ... you really need to know where to go for this kind of event. I usually find GTGs of all kinds tend to locate themselves on top of Capitol Hill or right downtown, which is miserable for anyone coming from anywhere else. Of course, you can go somewhere just north in Belltown or Queen Anne, where parking and good, casual bars are abundant, but no one ever does ...

If I don't hear back from Red Bar or anyone on this thread in the next week or so, I'll probably create a "Seattle Horology Club" meetup on meetup.com and link it here.

Regarding Tourbillon, it's your average over-blown watch boutique. A lot of older salespeople with BO problems who think they know everything about homological history and want to make sure you know it -- but, they have pretty much everything from the Swatch Group you would ever be interested in seeing. I'm on the hunt for a nice blue dial, and I could go to one place to try offerings from Blancpain, GO, and Omega, which was very convenient.

I would definitely attempt to attend (not (legal) drinking age though so no bars)

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monad View Post
    Yeah Seattle's odd ... you really need to know where to go for this kind of event. I usually find GTGs of all kinds tend to locate themselves on top of Capitol Hill or right downtown, which is miserable for anyone coming from anywhere else. Of course, you can go somewhere just north in Belltown or Queen Anne, where parking and good, casual bars are abundant, but no one ever does ...

If I don't hear back from Red Bar or anyone on this thread in the next week or so, I'll probably create a "Seattle Horology Club" meetup on meetup.com and link it here.

Regarding Tourbillon, it's your average over-blown watch boutique. A lot of older salespeople with BO problems who think they know everything about homological history and want to make sure you know it -- but, they have pretty much everything from the Swatch Group you would ever be interested in seeing. I'm on the hunt for a nice blue dial, and I could go to one place to try offerings from Blancpain, GO, and Omega, which was very convenient.
    HOMOLOGICAL History . . . I love it!
    jakeblixx likes this.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    ]

HOMOLOGICAL History . . . I love it!
    Haha, I caught that myself, but decided to leave it to see if anyone noticed. Good eye! Apparently I'm quite sophisticated with regards to history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homology_(mathematics)

Krell0, makes sense. Good to hear there'll be a mix of ages. I'll scope out some options.

And what is everyone's take on organizing on Meetup.com? It makes it easier to share and track in the future, but isn't as secure as forum PM.

Lots of wineries, breweries, distilleries, and food options in Woodinville/Bothell. Places to stay for out of town folks too, plus it's away from the traffic and people of Seattle.

I would be interested in a Seattle GTG.....it would be greatly appreciated if someone can fill me in with the details once it has been organized.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information