Sector Watches?
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Sector Watches?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sector Watches?

Name:  Sector.jpg
Views: 24951
Size:  1.64 MB
    Does anyone have any opinions on the quality and so forth of Sector Watches? I bought this Sector ADV4500 NO LIMITS in '94 or so. I don't see many around and I don't wear mine very often as it's a bit too small for my wrist. I believe I heard someone refer to it once as a "unisex" watch and my sometimes fragile ego is afraid that someone will ask me why I'm wearing my sister's watch. I do get it on every once and awhile as I do like the general appearance and details of the watch.

Re: Sector Watches?

I bought a Sector watch back in '05, a quartz chronograph. It was my daily beater (and my only watch) for more than 4 years. I wore it everyday and everywhere, even swimming and snorkeling and it still keeps perfect time. After that the watch bug bit me really bad and I started collecting automatics, but I still put it on from time to time. I think Sector makes some decent watches for the money.
    Gary123 likes this.

I think they are a great looking watch. I almost bought the chronograph when I bought mine but at the time wanted more of a sport diver watch. I've always been surprised that they didn't have a larger following. Thanks for your reply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

You will not find a lot of posts on WUS with regard to Sector Watches. There are some from 2006 and 2008, not much as I said. Very well known in Italy: Sector Group SpA
    Via Manzoni 37, 20121 Milano.
    Pallet Spoon likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I bought a quartz chrono/ pseudo diver Sector 5 years ago when my pre-Tag Heuer I had worn for 20 years was done. I didn't know much about watches then but have had it for a few years and actually like it. The build quality is actually very good and I've had no problems with it. It is actually much larger than the model you have, however, it is too blingy, large, and sport oriented to wear with a suit, so I now have an Omega SMP which has been on my wrist almost exclusively for the past year. I live on the ocean and have a boat for diving/fishing so I tend gravitate to dive oriented watches. But I have recently "rediscovered" the Sector and have been wearing it quite a bit more lately -especially on the boat.

Sector, primarily a sports watch company, is under the same corporate umbrella with Philip Watch and Morellato, both Italian-based brands. I really liked Sector's 195 series from about five years ago. I've never heard of anyone complain of their quality once they've worn one; I know more than a few people who just adore the brand. I own one (a Winch Master), but I use it primarily for stuff like, well, the beach or light sports. As for their newer ones, I kind of preferred their older models in terms of styling, and it appears they have fewer Swiss movements than they did years ago. Yours looks just fine, honestly; looks like a pretty well-built diver style watch, it's not "feminine" at all. When you say mid-size, is it, say 34mm?

Solid sporty watches!
    One pictured here with a Seiko Kinetic Arctura

My Sector Chrono..purchased from a forum member.

AdiTec likes this.
    TAGHeuer F1
    TX 500 Series World Time

Sector 330 Chronograph
    Orient Analog/Digital Chrono Alarm Dual Time CVZ00001B
    Reactor Graviton
    Reactor Meltdown Carbon Fiber
    Reactor Photon Chrono
    Seiko Kinetic Sports 100
    Seiko Chronograph Automatic 6139-6002
    Bulova Marine Star World Time 96C
    Bulova Vintage Chronagraph Valjoux 7733 Hirsch strap
    Citizen Eco-Drive AT1095 Chrono
    Citizen Quartz "Wind Surfing" Cal. No.D060
    G-Shock G-3010
    Casio Pathfinder PAG-40
    Casio AMW-320F ana-digi
    Zodiac Sea Ghost Z02404
    Accutron 214 movement

Quote Originally Posted by Bahoomba View Post
    Sector, primarily a sports watch company, is under the same corporate umbrella with Philip Watch and Morellato, both Italian-based brands. I really liked Sector's 195 series from about five years ago. I've never heard of anyone complain of their quality once they've worn one; I know more than a few people who just adore the brand. I own one (a Winch Master), but I use it primarily for stuff like, well, the beach or light sports. As for their newer ones, I kind of preferred their older models in terms of styling, and it appears they have fewer Swiss movements than they did years ago. Yours looks just fine, honestly; looks like a pretty well-built diver style watch, it's not "feminine" at all. When you say mid-size, is it, say 34mm?

I agree. I used to own one of their older models and it was a fine watch. The older models were much better.
    Gary123 likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

The older Sectors were pretty good watches, and I've had, and still have quite a few of 'em, and I liked almost all of them. Good quality cases an decent movements, even the japan made ones. BUT, the newer ones, from after 2006, I'm thinking the entire Dive, Mountain, Yacht and marathon Master series, are really crappy watches. Bad cases, and even worse designs, and the ana/digi versions are fittet with VERY low quality chineese movements, but the worst part of it is that they rarely keep their water resistance... I'm working on them almost every day, and 90% of 'em is water damaged. On top of that, Sector keeps changing little things like: crystal diameter, crowns and crown tubes even the bracelet/strap width... It's very frustrating and anoying, that nothing fits when you order parts, and they don't seem to care one bit about it from Sectors side...
    Sorry, but I just had to get it out of my system.
    In short: Old Sectors, lots of value for the money. New Sectors, quite the oposite...
    AdiTec likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information