Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch, Seiko SUMO or Deep Blue

Thread: Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch, Seiko SUMO or Deep Blue

Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch, Seiko SUMO or Deep Blue

I am seeking a blue face divers watch and I came across the Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch online but unfortunately it was discontinued in 2011.

Does anyone have any feedback on Prometheus watches? I know they use Citizen Miyota movements but I know little of the brand. I know they are out of Portugal but that is about it. I couldnt find a phone number either.

Other watches I was interested in was the Seiko Prospex Sumo (blue model) and a couple of the Deep Blue models, although a few of those looked a little bulky.

I also liked the Prometheus Sailfish in black but that item is sold out and it is unfortunately only available in bright blue and bright yellow....

I appreciate any help I can get!

Also, looking to maybe part ways with a new Bulova Accutron Kirkwood (63a102) Edition that I brought recently.

Cheers,

Nathan
    Attached Images Attached Images

EHV

Re: Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch, Seiko SUMO or Deep Blue

The watches that you mention are fine alternatives.

Prometheus is a micro brand based in Portugal. Initially they were able to use Swiss movements, (and I think a Chinese Seagull for their first model) and now they are using Miyota movements for the most part, which is a fine alternative.

Their owner, Carlos is a member here and they are just finishing up having a forum on WUS but they will still no doubt, have a presence here via Carlos.

I own a Prometheus Ocean Diver and it's a great watch. Their customer service is OUTSTANDING and I know this first hand. Carlos is a true stand up guy and if you like one of their models, IMO, do not hesitate. They are true value for the money.

The Seiko Sumo is legendary here and you will get hundreds of positive responses. Again, if you like the style and the features, you really cannot go wrong.
    Seiko may be slipping in the QC department of late, this for their low and mid range watches. Some complain of getting a misaligned chapter ring or an issue with other small details that may not be up to par but overall, it's a stellar watch and I think that it wears a bit smaller than it's measurements, especially on a strap.

If you are interested in any discontinued models, place a WTB, (wanted to buy) ad on the proper portion of the sales forum here. You should also possibly be able to sell your Bulova that way.

Welcome to WUS!

Eric

Re: Seeking Prometheus Jellyfish Automatic Divers Watch, Seiko SUMO or Deep Blue

They must contract out to Wally to come up with those names, Ikepod - Platypus, Seaslug and this Jellyfish ect. So far
    names of bacteria hasn't come up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Eric!

I appreciate the advice. I am new to WUS and am still learning how to use this site. I will look into the WTB section and hopefully that will help as well!

Carlos from Prometheus actually messaged me back via Facebook and was quite helpful.

He is coming up with some great designs. unfortunately, both Borealis and Prometheus have very limited colors left in the available styles.

I like the slimmer design (13mm-15mm) dive watches and the scissor clasp that Carlos uses in his models. The regular flat clasp that seiko uses feel cheap to me...

I would probably purchase the Seiko SUMO if it offered a nicer clasp, a side wall around the crown, and screws instead of pins on the bracelet. The shade of blue is refreshing and could be worn in a business setting or while having fun on the weekend. The "Bright Blue" is nice but reminds me of a Fisher Price watch (I dont think there is such a thing but you get my drift) Plus the 6R15 Seiko movement on the SUMO is a step up as well.

I am open to other models and brands and look forward to seeing what becomes available in time.

Also, this website, along with Carlos' seems a bit slow compared to other sites....perhaps they are just getting bombarded with visitors!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Nathan

I am still seeking the Prometheus Jellyfish! I would prefer the blue face but also like black and white. If anyone would like to sell theirs please let me know!

I cant seem to find anything similar to this watch online!! I may purchase the SUMO but i am not a quite sold on the band and bezel. I saw a complaint on how sand, salt, and debris can get stuck in between the bezel and side of the watch face. This looks aesthetically pleasing but can be difficult to rotate the bezel along with the build up of debris over time.

If someone completely disagrees with this and has had this model for some time and has used it under water with no problems by all means chime in!!!!!

Thanks!!

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by orsonatd View Post
    I am still seeking the Prometheus Jellyfish! I would prefer the blue face but also like black and white. If anyone would like to sell theirs please let me know!

I cant seem to find anything similar to this watch online!! I may purchase the SUMO but i am not a quite sold on the band and bezel. I saw a complaint on how sand, salt, and debris can get stuck in between the bezel and side of the watch face. This looks aesthetically pleasing but can be difficult to rotate the bezel along with the build up of debris over time.

If someone completely disagrees with this and has had this model for some time and has used it under water with no problems by all means chime in!!!!!

Thanks!!

Nathan
    I have a Jellyfish with a blue face - the one with a Seiko Sumo movement. I have the original packaging as well. If the price was right - I would sell it. You can pm me if you are interested.

I have one as well - I managed to luck out an buy it off of Craigslist! What are the odds of that? It doesn't get a lot of wrist time these days, and does have the standard desk diver scratches on the bracelet. After my son was born I took to wearing an Oceanus solar atomic all the time.

Thread Information