WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko 5 vintage just delivered from India

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cvera 
#1 ·
Just received this beauty. Seiko 5 automatic
Made in Japan. The dial said it was serviced
Or Repainted. Is the original dial different or is this a reprint. Anyone knows let me know.
Thanks Everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm going to reserve judgement and wait for someone who can tell you for sure if it's a redial or etc.

but from the research I've done about the deals too good to be true from India, they normally are too good to be true.

Big market for what people termed "Bombay specials", nothing wrong with them if it makes you happy wearing it. Just figured you should read this past forum about a watch from India on eBay. The name on the dial may or may not be the manufacturer.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/fun-little-ebay-find-2942466.html

All the best and congrats on your watch.

#4 ·
I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying it's good to know what has happened to others in the past. There's no way of knowing for sure what's inside besides checking. You can ask a jeweler to open it and if they are nice enough they might help you out. I do not know much about seiko 5 models, but if you really care I would google Seiko 5 movement, then figure out what the movement is.

If you like the watch and it runs fine then it was a good deal.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy wearing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.