Seiko 55 Fathoms (FFF) and VDB 2011 latest acquisitions pictorial
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mojojojo

Thread: Seiko 55 Fathoms (FFF) and VDB 2011 latest acquisitions pictorial

Seiko 55 Fathoms (FFF) and VDB 2011 latest acquisitions pictorial

Well, the latest to arrive. Love the VDB, considering It's one of the ugliest watches god ever put breath into, I find it very intriguing and interesting and it wears pretty dammed well on 7.25" wrist. Currently in the process of getting some new straps made, my 26mm ones unfortunately have a smidge too much wiggle room My only gripes are buckle on the leather strap munches on the underside of your wrist, it's HUGE, square and annoyingly pointy, and the polished bezel is a magnet for finger prints. Still, love the way the bezel catches light and reflects at different angles, so I'm still calling that one a "win" and the straps I'm having made will taper to 28/26mm with much smaller, more wearable buckles. Still, not bad for a watch as thick as GWB and ugly as sin.

FFF was built by a friend on another forum, always fancied these. 42mm but wears like 39/40mm due to short length, case shape and lug design. Sail cloth works marvelously well with the watch especially as I normally prefer SS bracelets or sumptuous leather straps, though i'm undecided whether it's a keeper long term or not. Fully kitted mods, bezel, dial, 2nds hand (I like the original swords hands), strap and case back though no photos of that.

Enjoy!

Seiko

VDB

Last edited by mojojojo; January 12th, 2014 at 02:49.
    KMCMax likes this.
    One watch, two watch, three watch, divorce.

Thread Information