Seiko monster V 007 v Maku

View Poll Results: Which watch should I get?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Seiko Monster

6 28.57%
  • Seiko 007

13 61.90%
  • orient maku

2 9.52%
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Seiko monster V 007 v Maku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seiko monster V 007 v Maku

Deciding between these three
    Looking for a casual, dressy, sporty watch that I can wear everyday. Which watch will last the best? Which watch will be the best for a wrist of about 18cm

Re: Seiko monster V 007 v Maku

Seiko 007 or if you like blue -red bezels the 009. The Mako is one that I owned but came to hate because of the extra pusher. Also the fit & finish on them is inferior to the 007/009s from Seiko IMHO. The Monster is a nice watch, own 2, but can not be considered dressy in any conceivable way.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

The SKX for me. What a looker!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Griffin View Post
    Deciding between these three
    Looking for a casual, dressy, sporty watch that I can wear everyday. Which watch will last the best? Which watch will be the best for a wrist of about 18cm
    The Monster will hold up the best over time, bezel numbers are recessed so they're hard to scratch, crystal is lower than the bezel for scratch protection ..... and the bracelet is an excellent design using thick spring bars and all solid links including the end links ..... micro adjustment holes at the clasp for a perfect and comfortable fit ..... not only does the bracelet have a divers extension but in addition to the fold over clasp there are twin pushers for security .....Monsters are camera shy, they look much better in the flesh vs pictures on the net ..... and they're strong too ..... there's a monster or two in this pile
    Attached Images Attached Images

zaxsingh likes this.
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

anything other than a monster; perhaps the 007.
    Bertucci
    Caravelle
    CWC
    M
    emphis Belle
    Precista
    Scurfa
    S
    quale

DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

As a Monster fan there's only one choice IMO but Doc's quite right the Monster will never be dressy so if you want something that is more "socially acceptable" then go for the 007. The dial in the Mako is not my cup of tea at all and prefer the Ray.

You said dressy, so I picked the Mako. If the 007 is dressy enough for you, I'd go with that.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I had the 007 and currently have a Monster. For everyday I'd go with the 007.

The reason I got rid of mine in favor of the Monster was because it was in fact too versatile for me. I bought mine to be exclusively a beater/gym watch, but the 007 ended up taking wrist time away from my Omega Seamaster. So I swapped it for the Monster.

I think the Monster is built a little better (has a better bezel and bracelet). But I would go with the 007 if it was my only watch.

I never liked the Orient Makos or Rays because of that dumb extra button that changes the day. Seemed unnecessary.

Name:  SANY0016.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  236.8 KB
    Name:  C360_2013-11-29-11-58-47-650.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  155.5 KB
    Last edited by faiz31887; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:32.

I have all three of the watches. The SKX007 get the most wrist time. The Mako is dressier, but I like the 007 for every day wear better. Like others, I don't really understand the point of the pusher for the day. If anything, it seems like it would have made more sense for the button to advance the date for months of less than 31 days. The SKX007 on an aftermarket bracelet is very nice.

The SKX007, a much better built watch compared to the Mako imo.

The monster is well... a monster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information