Seiko Monster vs. Seiko SSA001
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seiko Monster vs. Seiko SSA001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seiko Monster vs. Seiko SSA001

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, this is actually my first post and I wanted to know some opinions, I am a collector and I own: Seiko(2){have a Brand new Seiko SKX007K2 that I want to sell, still in the box with wrapers and manuals, just isn't for me and return period as passed, make offer if intereted), Citizen(2), Orient(1), Bulova(1), Casio(2), G-Shock(5), Invicta(5), Stuhrling(1), Timex(3), Swatch(1), Quicksilver(1){for sale as well, make offer.., and finally last but deffinetly not least a Omega(1) all in which as been taken extra great care of and babied. I am now very interested in adding a new Seiko to the collection, as the says I am in between those two, the Seiko Monster and the Seiko SSA001(they are both around the same $195-$230 price rage), I know a little but not an expert on watches thus I joined the forum! I have links below of the two watches I am considering and I look forward in the opinions you guys have(I know alot of people will be biased or even hate i.e.invictas - but its ok, what would be of the color yellow if everyone liked black?!?!) ~ Thanks Guys

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GO8WDK/...=IZMS5F03RMXRW

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FM8G1FI/...I2EYR3NZOVPESW

Re: Seiko Monster vs. Seiko SSA001

I suspect the Monster might "monster" this!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000
    1965 Accurist Shockmaster
    1961 Gold Accurist Shockmaster
    Seiko SSC021P1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00

Meistersinger Perigraph AM1002
    G-Shock GW3000B-1A

Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Ben Sherman S489.OOBS
    1990 Rotary Gold Case

If you never buy anything else get the Monster. I have one and it's simply superb.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the opinions guys! 2X0 Monster so far lets keep going! How much would be a fair offer for one of these new Monsters then? The one I am leaning to get sits at $229 with free 2 day shipping at Amazon right now, is that fair? I was thinking maybe a little below $200 to pick it up like $170 or $180, its annoying that the price on Amazon changes in minutes too...

I tend to like busy watches, but for some reason the SSA001 isn't doing it for me - I think it's the subdial placement. I'd go monster.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I have both, and SSA001 is a superb watch that is weirdly unpopular in these parts.
    But, it is often the case, that people start to like something when other people start to like something.

The Monster will always be around, especially since Seiko has released the next generation of it.
    But SSA001 is not a common design from Seiko, nor is it likely to be around after their production runs out.

I say get the SSA001, and start a trend.

The SSA001 is particularly handsome due to the "cyclops" subdial at 12, and the subtle midnight blue.

Here's a borrowed pic:
    Name:  ssa001filtered.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  97.4 KB
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    I have both, and SSA001 is a superb watch that is weirdly unpopular in these parts.
    But, it is often the case, that people start to like something when other people start to like something.

The Monster will always be around, especially since Seiko has released the next generation of it.
    But SSA001 is not a common design from Seiko, nor is it likely to be around after their production runs out.

The SSA001 is particularly handsome due to the "cyclops" subdial at 12, and the subtle midnight blue.

Here's a borrowed pic:
    I like the SSA001 due to the fact I can wear to networking events(with a suit) as well as everyday with jeans. What do you think is a fair price for the SSA001? Hahaha now we are starting a debate! I do think that it is like apple and oranges tho, one is rouged and the other classy ~

Quote Originally Posted by GNamur View Post
    I like the SSA001 due to the fact I can wear to networking events(with a suit) as well as everyday with jeans. What do you think is a fair price for the SSA001? Hahaha now we are starting a debate! I do think that it is like apple and oranges tho, one is rouged and the other classy ~
    We may have slightly different ideas about what is "classy", what can be worn with a suit, etc.. but the important thing is, if you are relatively young and "stylish", you will certainly be able to wear this to most occasions - whereas with the Monster, you will be limited to casual events only.

SSA001 is done in such a way that it wears very well in a stylish way, despite the fact that it is supposed to be a "sporty" watch, with a Slide Rule and all.

Fair price? No idea, really. Check around.

PS: I modified my SSA001 with an Orange Minute hand. Really pops nicely against the dark blue dial. Will post pics when I can (e.g., when not so lazy).
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

We may have slightly different ideas about what is "classy", what can be worn with a suit, etc.. but the important thing is, if you are relatively young and "stylish", you will certainly be able to wear this to most occasions - whereas with the Monster, you will be limited to casual events only.

SSA001 is done in such a way that it wears very well in a stylish way, despite the fact that it is supposed to be a "sporty" watch, with a Slide Rule and all.

Fair price? No idea, really. Check around.

PS: I modified my SSA001 with an Orange Minute hand. Really pops nicely against the dark blue dial. Will post pics when I can (e.g., when not so lazy).
    I'm pretty sure we're on the same page, it obviously is not a TAG but gets the job done and with the reviews I have read around the Monster is better or as good as the big boys. So, how do you compare and think of each since you own both of them? Favor one over the other or is it like you said, depends on the occasion? Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it ~

Here's a borrowed pic:
    Can you post some pics with both your watches just for kickes?!?! Thanks ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information