Seiko SARB033. Fit an 8 inch wrist? Too shiny?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Seiko SARB033. Fit an 8 inch wrist? Too shiny?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LLJ

Seiko SARB033. Fit an 8 inch wrist? Too shiny?

I'm considering a Seiko SARB033. A couple of things are holding me back.

One is that I have an 8" wrist. I'm a little concerned that it will look too small. I have a 38mm dress watch I like, but it's a white dial, so it wears big.

I've heard some people say that the bracelet may not fit larger wrists without adding links. Is that true?

The last thing is shininess. I'm used to my Seiko Monster, which is mostly brushed with a small amount of polish. The SARB looks quite a bit shinier in some pictures. Is it?

Re: Seiko SARB033. Fit an 8 inch wrist? Too shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by LLJ View Post
    but it's a white dial, so it wears big.
    I don't think that's how it works...

The SARB033 is polished all around, so it will naturally be shinier. The bracelet is cheap and brushed, so that part of it will be closer to what you're used to on the Monster.
    It's going to be up to your preference.
    "So if, nothwithstanding the association with conspicuous consumption, owning a mechanical watch really makes you happy, then fine, buy that $500 microbrand, or even the $1500 Longines. I'd find it hard to justify going above that" ​
    - Professor Peter Singer to the watchuseek forums re: the ethics of watch collecting

If you like your watches smaller then the size should not be an issue. I have an 8.25" wrist and I love both my 033 and 035 (the 035 is the slight favorite). I bought both from Seiya back in 2017 and needed to get an extra link put in for a good fit. If your eight inches you should just make it.

I tend to favor 39 thru 42 mm watches with 40mm being my sweet spot. The 38mm SARBS suit me perfectly.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk
    LLJ likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lug to lug is equally important, not just case width. The sarb is 44mm lug to lug, perhaps you can google for some watches with similar lug width and try it out at a store? To me the lug to lug of a watch should not be less than 2/3's of the width (not circumference) of your wrist when viewed top down or it'll look puny. Of course, it boils down to personal tastes.
    LLJ likes this.
    SOTC: Tudor Black Bay 58, Steinhart Ocean One Bronze, Zelos Hammerhead 2 Bronze Forged Carbon, Seiko Coral Blue Sumo, Dracula Monster, SARG003 Alpinist, Casio G-Shock DW6900 (1995), G-Shock GR8900A

Gone but not forgotten
    : Steinhart Ocean One 39 Ceramic, Zelos Swordfish v2, Seiko SARY055, Gilt Turtle, Baby Tuna, Casio Edifice

7.3" flat wrist checking in. I found it too small for my tastes and so I flipped it. Now looking at the SARX033 (last pic not mine) to fill the giant hole it left in my collection. Tremendous watch even if it was a bit diminutive.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
    LLJ likes this.
    Hunting the SARB013 & SARB015 Alpinists - PM me if you're selling!

CURRENTLY OWN:

Certina DS-1 Titanium (grey)
    Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
    Mido Multifort Patrimony
    Raymond Weil Maestro
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz

USED TO OWN:

Certina DS-1 Titanium (blue)
    Certina DS First
    Hamilton Khaki Field Auto
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical
    Hamilton Khaki Air Race
    NTH Barracuda Vintage
    Orient Chicane
    Seiko SARB035

On 7.5 inch wrist it is just fine

coltpeacemaker041 and LLJ like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Sorry, YMMV but in my opinion it will be too small. In common with many Seikos the SARB033 wears smaller than its measured size due to the sloped case sides and small dial, and will wear smaller than most big dialled 38mm.

It has an ultra conservative baby GS look about it but not overly shiny because aside from the polished bezel most of the surface you see including bracelet is brushed.
    LLJ likes this.
    Bulova> 96A225. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710, 214270. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SARG007, SBDX017, SLA017, SRP777.

Perth Western Australia (born and family) but ATM I'm based in Queensland AUS in Townsville

Mate I've got a large wrist of just under 8.5in and mine looks great but I don't wear it a lot, due to it does feel a little small! but I also wear a Gshock Rangeman all day for work!!
    The case is high polished but has nice lines so I think it looks good overall. There getting harder to get to so I'm holding on to mine..

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    LLJ likes this.

I have an 8" wrist and like my SARB035 just fine. The bracelet fit perfectly out of the box for me, no adjustment needed at all.
    LLJ likes this.

I own this watch and it fits my 6’-6.5 inch wrist great. I think it may be too small for you but if you like it go for it. Don’t worry cause most watches out there would fit you since you’ve been blessed with larger wrists and us with children’s wrists have to search out the smaller watches haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LLJ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information