Seiko SARB065 from Amazon?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Seiko SARB065 from Amazon?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seiko SARB065 from Amazon?

I'm going to buy a Seiko Cocktail Time. Does buying from Amazon guarantee authenticity?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Seiko SARB065 from Amazon?

I think so.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Well, if sold BY Amazon, but quickly checking the Amazon website, I see there are SARB065 watches offered by four 3rd-party sellers, only one of them is "fulfilled by Amazon" and can ship Amazon Prime. I'd give this slightly less credence than "sold and shipped by Amazon." Check the reputation of the seller, though I think with the one that Amazon actually ships, you have another layer of protection.
    Last edited by dbakiva; August 24th, 2014 at 17:21.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

I've never read the slightest hint of a problem in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by dftk View Post
    I'm going to buy a Seiko Cocktail Time. Does buying from Amazon guarantee authenticity?

Thanks.

Buying from one of the worlds largest retailers makes you wonder whether they sell legitimate merchandise? Think about that for a moment.

To answer your question there is no absolute guarantee that the watch you receive from any seller will be authentic and in perfect condition. Yours is not a realistic request. There is however the reputation of some sellers like Amazon to support and stand behind their products should you encounter one of the rare problems.
    Last edited by John MS; August 24th, 2014 at 18:12.

Has a (credibly) fake cocktail time actually been made? I wouldn't doubt it, but I've never seen one.

If sold directly from Amazon, it's definitely real -- Amazon doesn't source their product from problematic suppliers. As noted, though, if it's just a third-party seller on Amazon's website, then there's no such guarantee. Even "fulfilled by Amazon" just means that Amazon sends it from their own warehourse, but they''re still just shipping a product stored in their warehouse by third-party seller -- they don't authenticate what they ship (or even look at it), although they do vet the stores who ship through them.

So, basically, look at the listing to see what store is actually selling the watch, and decide if you trust that store.

Pretty sure buying from Amazon will be safe.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

If the watch is actually sold by Amazon there a smaller risk of it being dodgy than if you bought it from a 3rd party seller via Amazon.

If they have an overall positive rating with a large sample of reviews, I'd feel OK about ordering from them. I'm not sure how much Amazon stands behind the sellers that they handle the fulfillments for, but I imagine it would be less of a hassle ordering from them than it would be getting it directly from Japan. That said, there are several Japanese sellers with good reputations on WUS that may offer a better price.

I was asking because one reviewer said their watch had a white face and not a blue face. Others said it was a blue face as it should be. I found this odd. Thank you for the responses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information