Seiko SRP309 (Orange Monster). Had to share!
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Seiko SRP309 (Orange Monster). Had to share!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seiko SRP309 (Orange Monster). Had to share!

So this will be my first post to WUS and I couldn't be happier to join y'all. From what I can see this community is outstanding and very friendly!

Pleasantries aside I thought it would only be right to commemorate my first post with my newest watch, the Seiko "Monster"!

I'm sure y'all have seen this watch hundreds of times before and nothing I say will be anything new to y'all. At first I was a little skeptical. The whole watch seemed overrated to me and I couldn't figure out why people were so enamored with it. Seemed like your typical dive watch to me with a silly splash of orange for character.

Fast forward a month or two and I suddenly felt compelled to look into this watch a bit. I always do a ton of research before I buy a watch because times are tough and I've made silly "spur of the moment" purchases in the past. The more I looked into it the more attractive the watch became. I can't explain it but I caught this itch and I HAD to have this watch.

Fast forward two days after purchasing (amazon are shipping gods I tell ya) and I find it at my door. I open it up to the beautiful blue seiko box and popped that bad boy open. I have to say that it wasn't what I expected.

It was MORE than what I expected. Pictures on the internet don't do it justice. Once you get your hands on it you'll see what I mean! It just is a great piece for the money.

The band is a quality band for the price and fits very comfortably on your wrist. I did have to take a couple links out myself though, which proved a little trickier than originally thought. (Damn collars are so tiny). I would suggest taking it somewhere to get it sized if you aren't familiar with the process. The watch face itself is beautifully done and very clean looking. The orange stands out on your wrist and looks great against the stainless steel case. The bezel feels great when turning and has absolutely no play.

Overall I think this is a great watch for the $196 I paid and am happy to have it in my collection. I do believe I am now obsessed with seiko dive watches because I'm already looking at the SKZ245 (frankenmonster)! With my wallet a little lighter, and my wrist a little heavier. I can say I am a satisfied customer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    stewham, WatchNRolla, Ita and 5 others like this.

Re: Seiko SRP309 (Orange Monster). Had to share!

Welcome to the forums, Jo. Yeah monster is a well loved watch around here. An inexpensive tank of a watch. Seikos tend to the first decent watch of many WIS, myself included. Nice bathroom picture, by the way. I've done that too, as the lights tend to be the best indoor light in the apartment.

Welcome! That's a great choice of watch. I actually just got one yesterday, after waiting for way too long.

tzm1 likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ Tudor Pelagos
    @stewham86

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur M View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Jo. Yeah monster is a well loved watch around here. An inexpensive tank of a watch. Seikos tend to the first decent watch of many WIS, myself included. Nice bathroom picture, by the way. I've done that too, as the lights tend to be the best indoor light in the apartment.
    Thank you! Lol I knew someone would call out the bathroom pic. But you are right, it is the brightest and best lit area in my house for a wrist shot!

Quote Originally Posted by stewham View Post
    Welcome! That's a great choice of watch. I actually just got one yesterday, after waiting for way too long.

Thanks! I appreciate it! Beautiful shot btw

stewham likes this.

Welcome to the forum, great first post! Yes sir, the Seiko Monster always amazes at how much watch you can get for a couple hundred bucks. IMO, if you like the design (and I do), you can't get any better.

Mine says hello!

Name:  Seiko2.jpg
Views: 3131
Size:  269.9 KB
    Jo Ho likes this.

Gah! I don't need another watch right now!

Welcome to the forum! The Orange Monster (& many Seiko's) are fantastic values. I want the Red Monster aka Vampire watch due to the red fangs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Jo Ho likes this.

Welcome to the monsters club.
    Jo Ho likes this.

grats, nice orange monster, wear it in good health
    Jo Ho likes this.

Yeah, I just noticed last week how cheap the new SRP monsters have got on Amazon, and I was seriously tempted. It's hard to argue with such great value.
    Jo Ho likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information