Sellers remorse...
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Sellers remorse...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Sellers remorse...

So, ive been thinning out my collection and am moving to just a few pieces. I'd like to stick to a few that I'll wear on a more regular basis.

Anyway, one of the watches I recently sold (last night) was a Seiko SNGZ15J1. I wore this watch once, but tried it on one last time before I put it in its box to be shipped to its new owner.

I always liked the way this watch looked, but for some reason never grabbed it when going out. When I tried it on I realized just how much I liked it and that it was probably the wrong decision to sell.

Ive sold quite a few watches, but never had sellers remorse until today. How many of you have had this happen and what watch(es) did you sell that you truly regretted shipping away to its new home?

BTW, I went online and ordered a new SNGZ15J1 after I boxed the other one up. Won't be selling this one.

Here's the one that I let go.

Sent while doing a burnout.
    bluloo and docvail like this.

Re: Sellers remorse...

Well in an ideal world we would love to keep all the timepieces we buy
    follow me on: https://www.instagram.com/rohanbhogal/

Rolex
    I Omega I Breitling I Glycine I B&M ISeiko

Nah, you're putting too much thought into this. If you never wore this why would buying a new one change anything?

I've sold quite a few over the years and they usually sit for a few months unworn before I finally decide to get rid of it. If it isn't getting worn, move it on to a better home and don't give it another thought.
    peacemaker885 and docvail like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only sold one watch, my ML Pontos. I don't regret selling it, but I would have rathered not, as it is a beauty. The upside though, was that it was sold to a family member, so it remains in grasp if I really want to strap it on. I've since learnt that I'm more of a bracelet guy too, so it's replacement was definitely worth it as I've liked the look of the PO for years :)

Name:  photo copy.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  80.6 KBName:  photo (7).JPG
Views: 619
Size:  93.6 KB
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

Look on the bright side, you learned this lesson with an affordable. Now you can go on through life never selling another :D
    Der Amf likes this.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Oh yes, I've done this with these 3 watches as I really needed the cash big time. I wish I still had them all.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by beeman101 View Post
    Well in an ideal world we would love to keep all the timepieces we buy
    Part of me agrees, and part of me says I can't use all of the watches and it's wasteful. The funny thing is that my parents would disagree with each other on this, so it's probably feeling one way and thinking the other for me.

I've really cut my collection down recently. If they don't get worn, they go to a good home. I've got a home down payment to grow, a 401(k) to fund, a wife in college, etc. it just doesn't make sense to have money wrapped up in static, unused objects.

*steps into flame-resistant suit*
    peacemaker885 likes this.

Disclosure:
    1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
    2. I own everything that I post and paid for it with my own money.
    3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post

*steps into flame-resistant suit*
    LOL!!
    You can always earn more money, but you can't earn more time.

I've only sold one watch. Ironically, I hold the unofficial record for fastest sale on WUS ever (literally 10 seconds).

Absolutely loved the watch!... But that Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro diver was just not right for my wrist. Too heavy (for me), plus it wears quite a bit taller than its spec. of 13mm. And for me, 13mm is hitting the upper limit for height on the wrist. So, I sold it. Another odd thing is that I never had an issue before with partially skeletonized hands. After selling my C60, I now can't stand those type of hands.

Another member once described the hands as "Alice in Wonderland hands." It wasn't a compliment. But I smiled when I read that. I love that novel. I can just picture the rabbit pulling his pocket-watch from his vest, looking at those hands on the bright white enamel dial with Roman numerals, a tiny seconds sub-dial at 6. (Almost ridiculously tiny.)

I still love that watch. Even though on a rational basis, I know it was not the right watch for my wrist. I love it. My wrist hated it. Still have buyer's remorse... But yeah, I'm never ordering another C60. Excellent watch! Absolutely excellent. Though if I had had an opportunity to try it one before buying it, I wouldn't have. That experience made me realize that as much as I love certain micro brands, their offerings just aren't for me.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Yep, been there done that. Of the many watches I've sold, I've regretted selling these 4. Repurchased another Ludwig and rectified that. The Wempe unfortunately just wore too large so while I love the look, just cannot make it work. The Minerva and Union Glashutte, both no longer produced, I would repurchase except they can't be readily found on the pre-owned market . . . . are we crazy or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images

A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information