Selling Watches on WUS
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Selling Watches on WUS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling Watches on WUS

I have never actually sold a watch here on WUS even though I have purchased 2 from private sellers on the forum. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with selling their first watch here on WUS. I want to make sure before I purchase my next watch that I will be able to unload one of the two I have now, based on funds, but am concerned that I will run into some difficulties based on the fact that I don't have an established track record either here or on the bay. Has anyone else had a similar experience that can help me more confidently go ahead and purchase my next watch? Thanks!

Re: Selling Watches on WUS

With respect, you have been a member for over a year now and have not participated in the forum very much. It is difficult to see how you have built up a lot of credibility as as a seller.
    You might ask the sellers of your watches (via PM) to verify your good faith as a buyer.
    AFG08 likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

That's really the basis of my concern. I mainly use WUS to as a marketplace to look for used watches and not necessarily for discussions such as these. As you can see, it sounds like I may have some trouble selling a watch here on WUS for the first time. I'm not sure I understand how the amount of posts I have made really impacts my credibility but I would assume based on your response that you would be timid to purchase from someone with my posting record that others would feel the same way. I can certainly PM the members that sold me my watches so hopefully that will help but I guess I should go ahead and sell one of my watches before purchasing just to be sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would try to build a rep by feedback on the watches you have purchased here and post them in the sales reputation forum. You probably won't have too much trouble as long as its Pay Pal for payment so the buyer has recourse if the deal goes bad. I would watch out for anyone who doesn't have a verified PP address or anyone who wants to pay via Western Union.The amount of posts helps because it shows you are an active member of the forum instead of a hit and run scammer. Beware the scammers are out there!
    Perrelet Seacraft Chrono
    Oris Aquis Chrono
    Perrelet Seacraft GM
    Edox ERC Chronorally
    Seiko Monster
    Sumo

So essentially, I should make sure that all deals are done through pay pal and I should be fine? I figured it should be ok since I can provide any information that a buyer would need. I just dont want to take the plunge on my next watch without a good sense that I can sell one of mine now.

Do you have any feedback on eBay as a buyer or seller? I refer people to my ebay feedback all the time (even though I have lots here now), and ask for thiers and then contact them through ebay to make sure it's the same guy. Recently I have delt with quite a few zero posters and zero feedback people and all deals have gone smoothly, I do require a verified address through PP at a minimum.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Good photos, price it to sell and perhaps even provide a phone number for contact. Ray is right, this is a forum for watch lovers and if you participate it at least gives the buyer a sense that you are not here just to sell watches. I have walked away from more than one sale because the buyer had a low post count and not as responsive as he should have been about the questions I asked.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by pardjc6 View Post
    I have never actually sold a watch here on WUS even though I have purchased 2 from private sellers on the forum. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with selling their first watch here on WUS. I want to make sure before I purchase my next watch that I will be able to unload one of the two I have now, based on funds, but am concerned that I will run into some difficulties based on the fact that I don't have an established track record either here or on the bay. Has anyone else had a similar experience that can help me more confidently go ahead and purchase my next watch? Thanks!

As long as your asked price is reasonable you will be OK.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Be sure to communicate well with your buyer. I am currently in the middle of a transaction with someone on WUS with a very low post count. He is very slow to communicate and it is very frustrating. Also, providing personalized pics (maybe one that includes a card with your username) can be helpful to show that you actually have the watch you are selling.
    Seiko SBDC061
    Seiko PADI Samurai SRPB99
    Rolex 16610 Sub
    Rolex 16600 SD
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    G-Shock GD400-MB
    G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3JF
    Casio Pathfinder

I mainly use WUS to as a marketplace to look for used watches and not necessarily for discussions such as these.
    Please note I am not trying to be critical, as many others do this as well. However the Private Sales Forum is really set up as a benefit for those who do participate. If your interest is simply in buying and selling and you don't participate, you may one day find yourself in the Dealers forum.
    This is a discussion forum first and a sales forum second.
    GinGinD and mikeynd like this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information