Selling on WUS
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Selling on WUS

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Selling on WUS

So I have my first sale going now and I was just wondering from the people who have sold here a lot. Is it common to get messages from people with zero posts, brand new members trying to scam you? I have dealt with it on Craigslist, so my radar goes off on here also. I may have my first one, told them since they have zero posts and are new that I would only accept a bank wire from them. Didn't contact them via email like they asked, just replied to the PM.
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.
    Current collection. Ingersoll Apache, Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono, Invicta 0070 Pro Diver, Invicta Pro Diver 15503, Chopard LUC 1937 Classic. Breitling Transocean Chronograph

Sold: Rolex Datejust 16013

Re: Selling on WUS

I did not realize that you could PM on here without at least one post. A post limit for PM privilege is how many forums limit such activity. Otherwise, sadly, it is very common
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I did not realize that you could PM on here without at least one post. A post limit for PM privilege is how many forums limit such activity. Otherwise, sadly, it is very common
    The persons profile says joined June 2018, posts 0, heh. I figured its common, hearing stories will help my learn even more.
    Current collection. Ingersoll Apache, Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono, Invicta 0070 Pro Diver, Invicta Pro Diver 15503, Chopard LUC 1937 Classic. Breitling Transocean Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
    The persons profile says joined June 2018, posts 0, heh. I figured its common, hearing stories will help my learn even more.
    I must admit, I originally joined years ago for the purpose of being able to buy an Oris out of the classifieds......and it turned into more posts than I ever expected lol
    Watagump, OvrSteer, Brey17 and 2 others like this.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I must admit, I originally joined years ago for the purpose of being able to buy an Oris out of the classifieds......and it turned into more posts than I ever expected lol
    I joined to sell, I wont lie, but I also am having a good time talking about watches, sharing my knowledge etc.

if there paypal clears, pack and photo the packing, photo shipping label, photo drop off with ups,usps person in pic, and send sig required (charge them for it as well) if they balk to fees and sig. refuse sale.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

I was off the forum for years with a post count in the 70s. I came back to the forum to sell and needed to get my post count over 100. (Un?)fortunately once I came back I couldn’t leave. At least my flipping days are over and now I just come to look at cool watches and to watch [no pun intended] people argue about homages and whether Omega is for wannabes or whether they are better than Rolex, and also for me to rant about how sports watches look great with suits and how it’s ridiculous not to wear your nice watch on your European vacation (-;.

There are also some super informative posts buried in all the internet arguing too!

I've only sold one watch here, but generally, it went pretty well. I didn't run across anything I suspected to be a scam. Mainly, I was initially contacted by people offering trades for other watches, rather than an outright purchase for cash. Another guy was very interested but couldn't quite get himself to believe that a fifty year-old watch could be as flawless as the pictures and description indicated (but it really was). After several weeks, I finally sold it to a very nice person. We exchanged phone numbers, talked and texted a few times and got comfortable enough with each other to work-out payment and delivery logistics. Although it worked-out for me, I'd still be careful and alert because while unfortunate, there are some people who just want something for nothing. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    if there paypal clears, pack and photo the packing, photo shipping label, photo drop off with ups,usps person in pic, and send sig required (charge them for it as well) if they balk to fees and sig. refuse sale.

Its not going to get that far for me. If they don't even start a conversation via PM and just want me to email them, I don't think I will give them a shot. I have the listing stating sig required, no exceptions. I also listed that payment options will be discussed, but all feesa are included in my price.

I sold my Rolex 1603 on Cragislist, it took a year and a half to get it done the right way. The stories people tell you on there, you could write a book on scams.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information