Selling Your Watch to Tourneau
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Selling Your Watch to Tourneau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling Your Watch to Tourneau

Has anyone? How bad a price did they give you? Was it a difficult process? Thanks.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Re: Selling Your Watch to Tourneau

I offered my Bvlgari Aluminium up for store credit, they offered me $200-$300, I politely said no thanks, just sold the watch to a jeweler for $1000, they are listed on E-Bay all the way up to $2600 used. Original price of watch was $3,780. Most places will not offer a fair trade for cash, but tourneau is by far one of the lowest payers. I have an anquaintance who was a manager for them for years in N.Y, I learned a lot from him. Best of luck! By the way the process was easy, i filled out some information, they took watch in the back, came back in five minutes with low ball offer, my watch had a 2892-a2 in it top grade.
    Love is everything!

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb
    They offer bit better if you trade up your watch instead of out right sale depending on which watch.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Chronic flipper...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always just figured they would low-ball any trade-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Strapedforcash View Post
    I offered my Bvlgari Aluminium up for store credit, they offered me $200-$300, I politely said no thanks, just sold the watch to a jeweler for $1000, they are listed on E-Bay all the way up to $2600 used. Original price of watch was $3,780. Most places will not offer a fair trade for cash, but tourneau is by far one of the lowest payers. I have an anquaintance who was a manager for them for years in N.Y, I learned a lot from him. Best of luck! By the way the process was easy, i filled out some information, they took watch in the back, came back in five minutes with low ball offer, my watch had a 2892-a2 in it top grade.
    Wow, that low of offer is on the level of 'cash for gold'. I'm sure the offer heavily depends on model and condition and if it as an easy flip for them.........but still I am sure, a low-ball offer.
    Strapedforcash likes this.

it's just like a car. they will take you on the trade or the new sale; and if you're really dumb they'll get you on both. just stay away from tourneau. they are a really good place to try on watches then buy elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
    they are a really good place to try on watches then buy elsewhere.
    Agreed.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

i love lowballers. I just find them so amusing. I think that's why I still use ebay. I'll be selling like a $3000 watch and I"ll get a few people PM saying "sup bro will you take $200 cash?" Maybe I'll visit Tourneau next time I'm in the area with my Grand Seiko. They'll offer me $25.

Trade ins/buy backs are a difficult topic- I know jewelers who don't even bother as it often breeds resentment from the customer thinking he's getting taken. If a customer buys a watch for $1000 and wears it, he often thinks he should be able to sell it back to the retailer for a modest depreciation- maybe $800. This same retailer can buy the watch again, brand new, for $500 all day long. So, to be worth the retailer's money he'll have to offer the client $330 give or take. When a customer finds out the $1000 watch he bought a few months ago is now worth $330 cash value, he blows his top and thinks the retailer is a thief.

So, this $1000 watch is REALLY worth only a few hundred once it's worn and scratched, at least from the perspective of the retailer. He now has to clean it up and guarantee it.

There are of course limited editions, Rolex, etc where this doesn't always apply. But in general it's par for the course.

Pedro
    bluloo likes this.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

To elaborate with what I said earlier:
    I had a Breguet XX (a bit dated version) in good condition. I was bringing in a watch to send off for warranty work and I was wearing my Breguet.

I was waiting around for the paperwork to be completed, and then I saw a JLC Master Calendar for sale (MSRP 11K)

I asked how much with trading in my Breguet, and they brought in the Breguet, after a while, they brought the watch out and told me that it will be my watch + $5K for the JLC.

Since Breguet went for (at the time) around $4K used, I thought it wasn't too bad a trade offer (I did not take it). I am pretty sure that if I was serious, I could have negotiated more.

So, I guess not all trade offer will be TOO bad for the buyer if one does not want to bother trying to sell it him/her self.
    Chronic flipper...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information