Semi-noob to watches. Can someone give me the scoop on orient?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Semi-noob to watches. Can someone give me the scoop on orient?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Semi-noob to watches. Can someone give me the scoop on orient?

^^^?

I ask because im looking at another dive watch. I want something more casual than what I have now. I want a watch to wear to the gun club, while cleaning my car, etc.

The Citizen watch I wanted is made for sale "outside of US"

Im looking at the Citizen scuba fin, luminox, seiko (can you buy the blue monster anymore?)

Thank you guys! sorry if this post makes no sense to you lmao.

Re: Semi-noob to watches. Can someone give me the scoop on orient?

Orient are a Japanese company that produces more mechanical watches than Citizen and Seiko. Most models below the Orient Star line do not hack or wind, in a similar fashion to low priced Seikos. Overall they are a pretty good value for the price, but I suggest you take a look at some threads in our Orient forum to make a decision for yourself.

FWIW- many Japanese watches by Citizen are not available in the US. There are some sellers in Hong Kong and Singapore who ship over the world with those hard to get pieces. Google the model #s and most of the time the dealers will appear.

Solid, get one if you like the looks. They will hold up to what you are needing for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are lots of threads on Orient, esp. the lower end dive watches like the Mako. They are well regarded. There seems to be a bias in favor of Seiko's low end dive watches, but I had be hard pressed to explain why other than that people are simply more familiar with Seiko. Regardless, Orient is good. You would not be throwing your money away.
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

great. thank you for all of your input!!!

I've seen tons of threads about Orient, just put that in the search function. They seem to be a pretty good value brand.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Orient is probably the leader in affordable mechanicals priced below $400. Surprisingly accurate, resilient and well made. I'd totally recommend one. They become a bit of a tougher sell when they start butting heads with the Seiko SARB and entry level Tissots and Hamiltons, where they become merely competitive, but I actually prefer the more affordable Orient autos to the similarly priced Seikos.

WnS

Orient is a great entry level brand. I find that if you go up one level to Orient Star, they are among the best watches in $400-$1000 range. Sapphire crystal, sharp looks, clean dials, and complications that cost 2-3x as much on a comparable Swiss (such as GMT, power reserve or retrograde day).

Go up one level again to Royal Orient ($2000-$3000) and ... to be honest, they're really bland and overpriced watches.
    CitizenM likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I own an Orient M-Force diver. At the time I bought it they were selling in the US for about $360 or so, and were an awesome deal for that price despite a bracelet that wasn't quite as good as the rest of the watch. Now that they're selling for around $500, they're not quite so compelling but still a good watch.

Will
    CitizenM likes this.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information