Sending watch from UK to USA - Advice and options?

Thread: Sending watch from UK to USA - Advice and options?

Sending watch from UK to USA - Advice and options?

Hey folks,

I'm looking to send a piece to the USA from the UK. It will need to go insured for full value (approx £2250) and of course be trackable all the way/well handled etc. From looking at some sites it looks like even if i declare it at full value, it will not be insured for the full value with cover limited at £500. Some couriers even say they will not cover watches/jewellery AT ALL which is a bit out of order as they will still happily take peoples money and ship them

Anyone got any recommendations who to ship it with or experiences/warnings who not to use?

Thanks

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Re: Sending watch from UK to USA - Advice and options?

I always ship UPS I've had nothing but trouble with the Postal service here in the states.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Re: Sending watch from UK to USA - Advice and options?

Yeah a Tourbillon i bought from a guy in the US shipped it to me via USPS and it turned up broken. Am now trying to claim on their insurance (that i paid for).

Max insurance coverage from Royal Mail is £500 and it seems to be the same with a lot of couriers. They will charge you more for a high value item and this misleads people into thinking they're covered upto that amount they declared but in fact they are not at all; they are just being charged more for carriage becuase the item is high value.

Thread Information