Seriously??
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Seriously??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Seriously??

This morn, my (amazing, in all respects) girlfriend handed me one of my (automatic) watches. "Hey, this one stopped. Do you want me to take it & get a new battery?"

"Um, no babe, it's actually ok. If I don't wear it to wind it, it'll stop."

"Wind it?"................

"I love you."

Guess who's getting a nice new auto for Christmas?

Inactive

Re: Seriously??

sniggers

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Most people don't realise that not all watches run off batteries. She is in the majority, nothing to worry about. Oh and If you're going to buy her an auto. Don't.
    Medphred, jzen, JD_S and 5 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Athram View Post
    Oh and If you're going to buy her an auto. Don't.
    Agreed. I got mine a quartz Swatch and a quartz Michelle; she's perfectly happy with both of them. The majority of non-WIS, not only exclusive to women, care more about the look of the watch then the actual mechanics, history, etc.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Inactive

Most people don't realise that not all watches run off batteries. She is in the majority, nothing to worry about. Oh and If you're going to buy her an auto. Don't.
    You'll be telling me next that there are people that think there are just two choices - quartz or auto

Handwinds are also available

Oh and If you're going to buy her an auto. Don't.
    I once held that same notion regarding my much better half, but 2 autos in and I will admit to being wrong. She will wind, set, and go like the best of us

Go for it watchma.
    Kittysafe and watchma like this.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

I actually got my wife an automatic before I got one for myself, and she has really enjoyed the constant sweep of the second hand, the ticking sound, and the feel of the weight moving inside. Never needing a battery is a big plus for her too. It also helps that it had aesthetics that really appealed to her. Although, if the watch had been available as a quartz, she would have been very happy with that.
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

My wife's band broke on her watch, so she bought a new watch (I told her I would get a new bracelet if that's what she wanted, but she said no. (I didn't ask why). So she got a new watch, but she didn't like the band on that one (still didn't want me to get a replacement band for it). Couple of weeks later she walks out into the yard, where I am on the hammock reading, moving her arm back and forth like a fancy band leader and says "Look what I found in my junk drawer!" and shows me a really nice black face, dart dial Benrus. I told her,"Wow what a great watch, I love those vintage men's watches." She looks at me and says "That isn't a man's watch, look at how tiny it is."

Don't know the point of the story, just thought I would share.
    CitizenM, Luskar and jbg7474 like this.
    Dagaz Modded Seiko SKX007 | Benarus Moray III | Magrette Moana Pacific Diver 2011 | Hexa K500 | Prometheus S80 | Seiko SNAD53

Boron ??? | | Gruen ??? | Timex ???

Greetings from Albuquerque!

Quote Originally Posted by 403acmash View Post
    This morn, my (amazing, in all respects) girlfriend handed me one of my (automatic) watches. "Hey, this one stopped. Do you want me to take it & get a new battery?"

"Um, no babe, it's actually ok. If I don't wear it to wind it, it'll stop."

"Wind it?"................

"I love you."

Guess who's getting a nice new auto for Christmas?
    When it gets to the point of spending way too much on watches you may be glad your GF doesnt know much about them :)
    Mr. Panerai likes this.
    Fiery the Angels Fell.

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

The male UPS clerk couldn’t wrap his head around how a watch could work, without a battery. He didn't initially believe that automatic movements existed.
    Mr. Panerai likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information