Serving Police Officers
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Serving Police Officers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Serving Police Officers

I?ve only recently found out I passed the application process which in all took 18 months itself to start Police recruitment 23 week training next month. I?m very happy and looking forward to the challenge and new chapter of my life, it?s one I think I will enjoy and hopefully excel in with my previous Military experience. It?s in Northern Ireland which I?m sure many are familiar has had it?s fair sure of problems and still does over the past 40 odd years but nonetheless I?m looking forward to it.

I?m planning my next purchase as a graduation present for when I pass out and attest as a Police constable at the end of the 23 week training.

My budget is £750 I prefer to buy used to maximise savings. If there is something slightly over budget I?m happy to sell a Sumo to help fund the additional so I could stretch to £1000/1300Usd

So far I?m thinking of the Seiko Ninja Tuna sbbn035 for its stealth black colour combination, comfortable bracelet to wear daily, quartz for accurate pick up and go, date function and great lume from a brand with good heritage and one I respect and enjoy.

I have also considered a sinn u1 which I know will be hard to find in budget but I think on the rubber it would be a great tough, reliable, easily read watch both day and night and again comes from a great brand.

What watch do those of you who serve wear daily and for those who don?t if you were a young male in his 20?s about to join a kinetic police force which watch would choose to wear on the ?beat? as it were
    falcon4311 likes this.
    All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you...

Re: Serving Police Officers

See mostly G-Shocks on uniformed men in US.

GW-2310

GW-2310FB

GW-9010

Last edited by yankeexpress; October 17th, 2017 at 08:59.
    Medusa likes this.

Banned

I understand the question and best wishes to your new career. Your fellow experienced officers I'm sure could give the best advice on this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by priamo View Post
    I understand the question and best wishes to your new career. Your fellow experienced officers I'm sure could give the best advice on this.
    Agree^^^. There are several officers who post on the G-Shock forum daily.
    priamo likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

A second hand well kept Damasko DA46.
    ffritz, Insanevette and Fantasio like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Not sure a pricey watch would be appreciated by your common man. I guy in uniform sporting an expensive watch might send the wrong message. I was in the military for 20 years, we all wore GShocks. Never really saw much of anything else. I wouldn't want to be wearing a $1500 watch while chasing after someone or wrestling them to the deck.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

Whatever you buy, stay safe young man.

you have big boots to fill and big steps to take.

Stay safe.
    • I currently own 6 Rolex watches, from a new Submariner Ceramic to a 1963 Oysterdate Precision.
    • I have continuously owned Rolex watches for over 37 years, starting with a GMT M in 1980.
    • I have owned 12 Omegas, from a 1939 30T2 to a Seamaster 200.
    • I own 2 Seiko Divers, owning one since 1979.

I post from actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by priamo View Post
    I very much doubt there are many who are into watches however so they opinion would hold little weight. Same as my time in the military most wore a £15 Casio on deployment where I opted for the marathons GSAR on the rubber and it served me well.

My question was more so for those who enjoy watches what they choose to wear not what the ordinary officer wears who would think £1000 on a watch is madness never mind to be worn and beat up whilst working

Quote Originally Posted by Minorcollector View Post
    Not sure a pricey watch would be appreciated by your common man. I guy in uniform sporting an expensive watch might send the wrong message. I was in the military for 20 years, we all wore GShocks. Never really saw much of anything else. I wouldn't want to be wearing a $1500 watch while chasing after someone or wrestling them to the deck.
    That?s surprising as in Britain and during my time in the Army and two tours of duty I saw many subs, marathons, seikos, and planet oceans.

The SAS got the 2500 45.5mm PO during my time. Quite a few officers wore anything from a speedy to tags, the Royal Marines got , my unit got Bremont with our insignia on the dial. I doubt the ?common man? would see a sinn u1 or ninja tuna and think it an expensive watch.

I understand about not wanting to damage an expensive watch if you were to tackle someone just using your example but I buy watches to wear and enjoy. I wore my planetocean for my first tour yes I needed to replace the bezel after but it was worth it as I enjoyed the watch during my time in Afghanistan

Don't wear anything you're not willing to lose, get damaged, get every sort of bodily fluid on, etc.

Hard to argue with a G-Shock.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information