Setting Your Watch's Time
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Setting Your Watch's Time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Setting Your Watch's Time

So do most of you guys set the time every day or week or what? I've gotten into the habit of setting every 3 days. So for instance, if my particular watch is 7 seconds fast, I set it 7 seconds behind so that its slightly behind one day, on time the next day, and slightly fast the last day. Then it gets set again.

Just wondering if others had any particular habit like that.

Re: Setting Your Watch's Time

If it's stopped, I set it. In the very rare instance that it is way off from other reliable sources(cell phone, gps) I set it. Otherwise I couldn't be bothered with a couple seconds to even a couple minutes off.
    rfortson likes this.

"Digital clocks rob me of all the emotional experience of the spatial relationships on the face of the clock!"
    - George Carlin

Smile Re: Setting Your Watch's Time

I read somewhere that pulling your crown too many times will wear it out, so I wait until the watch is a minute or two off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If the watch is 1 minute faster/slower than time.gov (or the Naval observatory time, since time.gov is shut down), I manually set the time. For watches that gain k seconds each day, I set it 2k seconds slower so that I don't have to adjust it much.

Also, in case you don't know, you can affect how your watch gains/loses time a bit by experimenting with positioning your watch at night. With most of my watches I notice that putting the watch with dial up causes it to gain a few more seconds than when I leave it with the crown down. YMMV but give it a shot if you haven't already.

Mine Sinn U1 runs 5 sec slow. I reset the time every 7-10 days.

I have no fixed time for setting my watch. Most of them don't get to run long enough to gain or loose. I have only one watch that I never allow to stop and that is my Oris ProDiver Date and that only needs adjusting every couple of months.

Usually at 2-3 minute intervals, + or -. I have a Tissot Seastar that runs -8 sec/day, and my Steinhart GMT runs +10 sec/day. So when these two get to be 2-3 minutes out, or stop from not being worn, I'll reset the time. My other two automatics with Miyota and Seiko movements are my most accurate, other than quartz, so they usually don't get reset until they stop from my not wearing them.

Mine are set every time I put them on because most are in a rotation where they run down before I have a chance to wear them again. With the exception of the eight that are on winders and the few Accutrons, etc.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

i think i have a bit of OCD when it comes to setting the time to the exact second, so i will set whichever watch i'm wearing before i leave the house even if i wore it the day before

I set my time when I put my watch on, if I haven't worn that particular model for a few days. However when I do set it, I sync it with my atomic clock app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Got the Time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information