The SevenFriday Story and Their Distribution???
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mpalmer

Thread: The SevenFriday Story and Their Distribution???

The SevenFriday Story and Their Distribution???

Not sure if this is the best place for this thread but does anyone have any information on the history and the people behind SevenFriday?

I don't know what their presence is like in your neck of the woods but around here SevenFriday are popping everywhere. They are stocked everywhere from run of the mill mid range ADs to smaller boutique stores/preowned stores/grey dealers to top end ADs sitting next to U$100k watches. I really have no idea how they have the clout to get their range stocked in all these stores. They must have a super sales/dealer team!?

Can anyone shed some light on this or have any links to their story.

Re: The SevenFriday Story and Their Distribution???

Here's a video link to an interview with the owner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCIAJXA9tHg

I believe the watches are designed in Switzerland and made in China. Have not heard any negative concerning the reliability of the product. I like the new V1 design the most.

They came out of nowhere with a marketing blitz on watch forums a couple years ago. They also seemed to try to buy an internet forum presence through thinly veiled marketing threads/articles.

Essentially overpriced schlock in my view, at least from a value standpoint (how much for Miyota and mineral crystal?). They do have a unique look if you are buying as a fashion watch...
    Pallet Spoon and wsfarrell like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very interesting-looking watches. However, legibility seems a bit confusing.

... then they got shafted by their Chinese production house and "high quality" replicas flooded the market. Virtually indiscernible from the original since they are purportedly made from exactly the same parts.

My local SevenFriday AD also sells Audemars, Bremont, Bucherer, and Graham along with Urwerk, Devon, and Ulyesse Nardin and a few others.
    Last edited by Pallet Spoon; October 3rd, 2015 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet Spoon View Post
    ... then they got shafted by their Chinese production house and "high quality" replicas flooded the market. Virtually indiscernible from the original since they are purportedly made from exactly the same parts.

My local SevenFriday AD also sells Audemars, Bremont, Bucherer, and Graham along with Urwerk, Devon, and Ulyesse Nardin and a few others.
    Are those replicas paying homage to the original?

Quote Originally Posted by sea0bass View Post
    Here's a video link to an interview with the owner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCIAJXA9tHg

I believe the watches are designed in Switzerland and made in China. Have not heard any negative concerning the reliability of the product. I like the new V1 design the most.
    Thanks don't how know I missed that. The owner definitely has a clear vision of what his brand is meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    They came out of nowhere with a marketing blitz on watch forums a couple years ago. They also seemed to try to buy an internet forum presence through thinly veiled marketing threads/articles.
    I figured this might have been the case and it works well for internet only brands attempting to cut out B&M stores and middle men distributors ala Christopher Ward. Putting aside the better distribution strategy, I'm still amazed how they got their brand in so many B&M stores, both high end and low end, in such a short period of time.

And sadly this problem has been going on since the dawn of Chinese manufacturing to have your Chinese contracted manufacturer rip off your design, bill of materials and production process. The savvy manufacturer expects this to happen and will have to develop strategies to either combat it or compete against it.
    Last edited by Goostah; October 4th, 2015 at 07:32.

Ah, that clears up that question. I go to Shenzhen on occasion, and I do walk past the fake watch dealers (no, I don't buy) to get to where I am going to. And they have SevenFriday watches on display, which look pretty much look the same as those at the presumably legit dealers in Hong Kong. I thought that was odd as the pirated goods merchants tend to go for stuff that is well known such as Rolex, Panerai, Bell&Ross and IWC. SevenFriday AFAIK is fairly unknown and I don't think it's that popular (never seen one being worn in Hong Kong). And it's an oddball design to copy which I would think counterfeiters wouldn't bother with the extra work... better to copy more simple conventional watches. Anyhow, there's the answer.

Thread Information